Tuesday 26 January 2016

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I saw this on youtube and I wanted to give it a try.
Creator: TheBookArcher  and her video.

1) What's a popular book or series that you didn't like?
- Divergent: I mean, I liked the first book but the second one, not so much.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin: I have been trying to read this for almost a year now but I can't seem to finish the first book. The story is great but there's too many characters and some of the POV bores me.

2) A popular book or series that you loved but everybody else seems to hate?
- Twilight, Fifty Shades, Fallen, The Selection: I know it's not the greatest series in the world but there's something addicting about it.

3) OTP that you are just not a fan of?
- Sydney & Ridge from Maybe Someday: I don't like how their relationship developed. The cheating and the stuff.
- West & Maggie from Until Friday Night: I would've liked it better if they just stayed friends who comforted each other.
- Isla & Josh from Isla and the Happily Ever After: I did not find their relationship healthy and I was kind of annoyed because of Isla throughout the book.

4) A popular book genre that you hardly reach for?
- Science Fiction books.

5) A popular or beloved book character that you did not like?
- Four from Divergent: Tbh, I liked him in Divergent. He was badass there but in Insurgent he was kind of whiny and annoying.

6) A popular author you can't seem to get into?
- George RR Martin: I mean, I like the tv series of Game of Thrones but I just can't seem to feel the same way for the book. I like the story but I got bored while I was reading the book.

7) A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing?
- The quiet and shy girl falling for the bad boy.

8) A popular series that you have no interest in reading?
- The Maze Runner: I really have no interest in ever reading it. I liked the movie but it did not motivate me enough to read the book.

9) The saying goes that the book is always better than the movie, what book to movie or book to tv adaptation did you like better than the book?
- Paper Towns: I like them both but I liked the movie better because they included Angela! And they did not ditch high school events for Margo.
- The Green Mile: The book was great but there were boring scenes which were not included in the movie. The actors in the file were really great actors and they portrayed their characters well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...