Wednesday 27 January 2016

Shadowhunters S01E03 :)


I really enjoyed this episode. I still had issues with the graphics because it kind of looked ridiculous (especially with the burning of the vampires) but overall the episode was fun and entertaining. The twist they did to the plot was alright and I'm excited to watch more. Camille and Meliorn were introduced earlier than the book but it made sense as to why they had to appear. I'm really excited for the next episode because of the preview at the end of this episode! So excited for Magnus Bane. I was really happy when Camille mentioned Magnus in this episode.

========================================================================

SUMMARY (SPOILER): The entire episode revolved around the how they were going to rescue Simon from the vampires after Clary's begged them to help her. Camille wanted the cup for herself because she wanted to be more powerful and wants to trade Simon for Clary. She enchants Simon in order to find out where the cup is but he did not know nothing. Meanwhile, the Shadowhunters plan on how to find an entrance to Hotel Dumort and where to find weapons because they're going on a mission that was not Clave approved. They found weapons from a church cemetery but Alec went back to the institute because there wasn't a bow there. They separated from each other, Jace taught Clary basics on how to handle a seraph blade and they stole a modified vampire motorcycle, Alec went to get a bow, and Izzy went to Meliorn to find out how to enter Hotel Dumort discretely (apparently he's been seeing Camille too). Izzy and Alec entered through the secret entrance and distracted the other vampires while Jace and Clary entered through the rooftop to find Simon. Raphael told Camille to run so she wouldn't get caught and he threatened to kill Simon if the Shadowhunters didn't leave. He set Simon free and Clary was glad that he was brought back to them safely. 

========================================================================

PROS / THINGS I LIKED (SPOILER):

David Castro as Raphael Santiago: I really like him as Raphael. I really liked Raphael in the book (even though he's kind of evil at first) and he was able to portray him as the Raphael I liked. I just feel bad now because I know what happens to him in the book. I was really happy with him except for his make up.
I like Izzy's interactions with Alec was really fun to watch. 
I still can't see the sassy and fierce Izzy I want but I'm beginning to like Emeraude. I really like how her whip moved during the fight scene but where's her ruby pendant! I also liked seeing Meliorn. I liked seeing them together even though they kind of just have a fling.


I fangirled a lot all throughout the episode because Matthew Daddario is really really handsome.
Simon pretending to be drunk (or was he really drunk?) was really adorable. He was so cute.
Alec's sassiness. That eye roll towards Izzy was perfect. Siblings.
He was so happy when she said, 'I couldn't live without you Simon' but his sudden change in expression after she said, 'You're my best friend' was truly heartbreaking.
I really like Clary's hair even though it's not the red I wanted at first, it's really pretty and bright. It's so wavy too and nice to look at. 
========================================================================

CONS/ MY ISSUES (SPOILER):

  • There was something weird with Raphael's make up as a vampire at some point of the episode. The first scenes were alright but the next ones were kind of scary and looked wrong. 
  • The graphics when a vampire was killed or burned because of sunlight was also weird. 
  • Kaitlyn Neeb as Camille Belcourt: I find Kaitlyn Neeb pretty but I really imagined Camille as a blonde, british woman. 
  • There were many steamy scenes. There wasn't anything wrong with it but I really didn't feel the need for it. 
  • I don't get why Camille can stop Simon from moving. I get that vampires can enchant others and such but why can they stop someone from moving? Shouldn't warlocks be the ones able to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...