Saturday 23 January 2016

Books/ Book Series I Probably Won't Continue Reading :/

I've been thinking about what to post because I really didn't finish reading anything last week. I started reading Sense and Sensibility & Lips Touch: Three Times but I'm really not in the mood to read so not much progress there. So I'll just post about the books or series I started reading but gave up on. It's not really an original topic but I just wanted to share my list of those books.

This is arranged in no particular order.
  1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth: I have read Divergent and I loved it but because I didn't love Insurgent and because my friends and my mom didn't like this book I have no plans on reading it. 
  2. A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin: I have been trying to read Game of Thrones for almost a year now. I'm 500 pages in but I'm really not that much interested in it. Don't get me wrong, I liked the tv series but the pacing of the book doesn't really work much for me. I'm getting confused by the abundance of characters and I got bored by some of the characters point of view so as of now I have no plans of reading the second book even though I own it.
  3. Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella: I have read the first book of this series but I'm really not interested in continuing it because I got bored. I love Sophie Kinsella so I don't know why I did not enjoy the book. Maybe because I really didn't like the lead character.
  4. The Escaped by Kristin Cast: Amber Smoke really annoyed the hell out of me. I really didn't like the plot and the characters from story. 
  5. Young Love Series by Amanda Heath: I've read 2 books from this series, the first and the last. I didn't know it was a series when I read it. They're not really that connected if I remember much but it was still kind of confusing. I'm not planning on continuing/reading book 2 and 3 because the 4th one was kind of disturbing. I really didn't like the plot much.
  6. The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han: I've read only the first 30 pages of this if I remember correctly and I did not enjoy it. I got bored and the plot involving a love triangle where the two guys are brothers really annoyed me. Plus, my best friend told me she read it and wasn't happy with it. 
  7. Fifty Shames by Fanny Merkin: I did not find the first book hilarious and was seriously annoyed by it. 
  8. Paper Gods by Amanda Sun: When I first read the premise of the series, I really liked it but after reading Ink I was seriously disappointed. There was so much potential but it did not deliver well. The story was weird and confusing and the characters weren't that likable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...