Sunday 7 February 2016

2016 Movies I'm Excited to Watch! :D


These are the movies I really want to watch. It's either based from a book, a sequel, or something that intrigued me after watching the trailer. The dates included are the current release date I know. Click on the titles for the trailers/sneak peeks.

1) Me Before You: June 3, 2016
Me Before You is based on a novel by Jojo Moyes. It revolves around Will, a quadriplegic man, and Louisa, his caretaker. I've already read the book and ever since it was announced that a movie is going to be made, I really wanted to watch it. I love the cast. Emilia Clarke is my favorite character in Game of Thrones and based from the trailer, I really like her portrayal as Lou. Sam Claflin, though I didn't really like him that much at first, I felt alright with him as Will. His eyebrow thing really made me smile. After watching the trailer, I curled up into a fetal position and rocked back and forth. I was really emotionally attached to the characters in the book and seeing them in real life, was just a precious moment. Seeing scenes I loved from the book was really lovely. Especially the bumblee tights. I can't wait for it to come out!

2) Deadpool: February 12, 2016
I'm usually not excited for superhero movies but I really want to watch this one. I've persuaded my friends to watch it with me when it comes out. I'm really excited for this because I like Ryan Reynolds. He's really funny and his portrayal based from the trailer, was fun to watch.

3) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: February 5, 2016
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is literally an adaption of Pride and Prejudice with Zombies in it. I've read the book back when I was in Second Year High School and really enjoyed it. It's interesting that it was adapted to a film and the trailer was really interesting to watch. Full of action and gore. I love the fact that Charles Dance and Lena Headey are both there.  I find them really interesting to watch in Game of Thrones.

4) Gods of Egypt: February 26, 2016
I've been excited about this even before the trailer was released. I like reading about Egyptian Mythology related stuffs and since this movie is based on a war between Set and Horus, I want to watch it. The graphics and action scenes were really great and I can't wait for it to be available. Plus, I like Gerard Butler and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

5)  The Boss: April 8, 2016
I find the trailer quite funny. Plus, Melissa McCarthy and Kristin Bell!

6) Finding Dory: June 17, 2016
Finding Nemo was one of the movies I frequently watched when I was younger and I loved Dory. It's interesting to get a sequel 13 years later and I want to find out what happens with Dory.

7) Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: November 18, 2016
I'm really really excited to watch this movie. It's not related to the Harry Potter we know and love but it's an extension of the world and just seeing any part of the Wizarding World that JK Rowling created makes me so happy. I really loved Harry Potter and being part of that world again makes nostalgic. Since JK Rowling wrote the screenplay for thi film, I know that it will be amazing. Knowing that Eddie Redmayne will be the lead is also awesome because I love him.

8) The Huntsman Winter's War: April 22, 2016
I didn't watch Snow White and the Huntsman but I wanted to watch this. I love the cast for this film: Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt.

9) Alice Through the Looking Glass: May 27, 2016
I'm not particularly fond of Alice in Wonderland however after seeing the trailer, I really wanted to watch this. It's full of magic and mayhem. I really love the cast. I find it quite funny that majority of the main cast here was also in Sweeney Todd: Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Timothy Spall. Plus, it's the final film that Alan Rickman was in.

10) The Forest: January 8, 2016:
I probably won't watch this alone because one scene of the trailer scared me. I don't even want to search for it again and put the trailer here. I find the plot interesting but I'm not brave enough to watch it alone. Plus, Natalie Dormer!

11) The Angry Birds Movie: May 20, 2016
I really had fun watching the trailer. I don't really play the game but the birds looked really fluffy in the film. I like the fact that Peter Dinklage is the voice of the eagle. XD

12) A Monster Calls: October 14, 2016
I have read the book it's based on and loved it. It was a heartbreaking story and I find it quite nice that it's being adapted into a film. Plus, the voice of the monster is Liam Neeson!!!

13) Doctor Strange: November 4, 2016
I don't know anything about Doctor Strange but I heard that Benedict Cumberbatch is perfect for the role. I really like Benedict Cumberbatch. He's a brilliant actor and I'm excited to see him as a superhero.

14) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: December 25, 2016
There's no trailer for this yet. I really liked the book and I'm excited how it will be adapted. It's really great that Tim Burton is the director for this film because he's perfect for it. It's just sad that Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter isn't part of the cast.

15) Other Superhero Movies: Suicide Squad (August 5, 2016); Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24, 2016); X-Men Apocalypse (May 27, 2016); Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)
There's so many superhero movies that's coming out this year. I'm not particularly excited to watch these but I think it will be great. I didn't read comics (mostly because I don't own them and I don't have money to buy them) but it will be fun to watch their adaptations.

16) Underworld: Next Generation: October 21, 2016 
There isn't any trailer or news about it except that it's going to be released this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this because of the last underworld movie but I still want to watch this.

17) Let It Snow: December 6, 2016
I read the book last year and I liked it. It's a nice movie to watch during Christmas season and I hope that it really premieres on December 6 because there's no news about it except for the release date.

4 comments:

  1. I am soooooo excited about the Me Before You!!!! I even picked up the book to read it after seeing the trailer. Sam and Emily make such a wonderful duo *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i agree!! Have you finished the book? :D

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited for basically all of the superhero movies coming out this year because I love superheroes (I'm mainly excited for Suicide Squad and Captain America, though). I saw Deadpool and Batman v Superman. They were both awesome. I'm also excited for Doctor Strange (for the same reason you are). Finding Dory sounds interesting. AND ANOTHER HARRY POTTER. Who wouldn't be excited? I am not big on horror movies and get scared pretty easily, and I watched The Forest and maybe jumped once... it wasn't really scary... or interesting.X-Men looks fine, but I'm not big on X-Men anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Suicide Squad!! I haven't seen Batman yet.
      Benedict Cumberbatch!!
      Omg the trailer for the fantastic beasts was awesome!!!
      Ohhhh, i haven't seen the forest yet too XD. Sucks tho. Why wasn't it interesting?
      Yeah i feel you. My most awaited superhero movie this year was deadpool and i really had fun watching that. X-Men not so much too.

      Delete

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...