Sunday 28 January 2018

| MOVIES - DECEMBER |

HUGO


SYNOPSIS: A boy is trying to fix a automaton to find out more about his father's death.
RATING: 7.3/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
I found this movie quite interesting but I did not expect things to go there. I thought it would lead to a magical adventure and not some journey on the past and history. It also had quite a slow pacing. Still, I enjoyed it. It had a beautiful cinematography and it made me feel a lot of things for the characters. It also had a wonderful cast. So many famous actors and Harry Potter cast. I was shocked.


DUPLEX


SYNOPSIS: A married couple moves into a duplex house where an old woman currently resides.
RATING: 7/10

REVIEW: 
I really loved this movie when I was young because it was funny but now that I rewatched it, I realized how mean it was. I now have a love-hate relationship with it because it's really funny because of the old woman but it was super devastating for the couple. It's probably best to not overanalyze things in order to enjoy it.


JUST LIKE HEAVEN


SYNOPSIS: A guy ends up seeing the ghost of a woman and they try to find out why she's appearing to him.
RATING: 10/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
This is a rewatch (I've rewatched this many this) and I still love it. I love the story between Lizzie and David. It was interesting to see that their relationship started as hatred and then turned into something more. I was devastated for Lizzie when she found out what happened to her and I'm glad that David tried to help her. It was touching and very funny to watch. David is so adorable. 

THOR: RAGNAROK


SYNOPSIS: Thor with the help of his friends and the other Asgardians, try their best to stop Hela, the Goddess of Death.
RATING: 8.8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
I love this movie. I watched this in the cinema with my family and we could not stop laughing. There were so many hilarious scene that at some points I kept thinking, 'Is this Guardians of the Galaxy?'. I love how different this is from the serious tone of the previous Thor movies. Plotwise, I think it should have focused more on Hela and the fight.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...