Thursday 27 July 2017

| #T5W - Series That Got Better |

Top 5 Wednesday is group that was created by Lainey and is currently hosted by Samantha. A topic is posted every month wherein if you want to, you can post about your top 5 picks for said topics.

The topic for July 26th is "Series that Got Better" which talks about series that are worth pushing through the first (or first few) books to get the good stuff!


There were many series that I wanted to put here but I decided to go for the series that I haven't mentioned a lot in my T5W posts.


1. WINGS BY APRILYNNE PIKE

SUMMARY: Laurel discovers that she has a wings-like thing growing out of her back.

The pacing of the book wasn't that fast but it was an interesting read. I don't like reading fae books but I liked this. This was the first fae series that I managed to finish. The characters were fun to read about and the love triangle here was lovely. I had a hard time choosing who to root for.

2. FALLEN BY LAUREN KATE

SUMMARY: Lucinda Price meets a guy in her reform school who she has a strong connection with and who she thinks she has met before.

The first two books of this series were kind of slow but I really liked it. I love how Fallen Angels were integrated throughout the story. The last two books were really interesting to read about because it tells about the backstory/history of the characters. Their origin and that's why I felt that it got better. I loved how the story unfolded.

3. BLOODLINES BY RICHELLE MEAD

SUMMARY: A spin-off of the Vampire Academy series. It follows Sydney Sage, an alchemist, and her mission to protect a royal Moroi.

The first few books of this series were quite slow paced. However, the next ones were great. Seeing the Moroi and Strigoi world of vampires again was interesting. Knowing what happened to the other characters of the original series made me really happy. Plus, the other minor characters from VA were given more focus and Adrian Ivashkov is one of the lead characters!

4. STARCROSSED BY JOSEPHINE ANGELINI

SUMMARY: A modern retelling of Helen of Troy/Trojan War.

Each book of this series was wonderful. Greek Mythology related stories are always a fun read to me and this did not disappoint. The characters were fun and heartbreaking to read about especially if you know about the Trojan War.

5. VAMPIRE KISSES BY ELLEN SCHREIBER

SUMMARY: A vampire crazed goth girl's wish comes true.

This series has nine books and I managed to finish them all. It was only a short read but very cute. The characters were fun to read about and the relationship between the lead couple was very adorable. There's not much story here but it was very entertaining for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...