Thursday 6 July 2017

| #T5W - Books Without Romance |

Top 5 Wednesday is group that was created by Lainey and is currently hosted by Samantha. A topic is posted every month wherein if you want to, you can post about your top 5 picks for said topics.

The topic for July 5th is "Books Without Romance" which may refer to a book with little or no romantic subplot.


I rarely read books without romance so there might still be some romance in some of these books but they're not the main plot.


1. MISFIT BY JON SKOVRON

Jael is the daughter of an ex-priest and a demon. She discovers that she has powers and some demons are after her. I actually forgot what happened in this book but I do remember that it was awesome. I think there was little or no romance here because all I remember is action. I loved this book and I still wish it had a sequel.





2. SLASHER GIRLS & MONSTER BOYS BY VARIOUS AUTHORS

This is a collection of mystery, suspense, and/or thriller short stories. I really love this collection. Some of the stories had an amazing mixture of creepiness and awesomeness. There may be stories that had romance but the main point is: CREEPINESS.





3. THE GREEN MILE BY
STEPHEN KING

This is the book of the movie 'The Green Mile' starring Tom Hanks. It's about the lives of the guards at a Death Row cell block. Since this is a thick book, I suggest you watch the movie first. It is an amazing adaptation that may motivate you to read the book (just like me). I don't remember much romance here. It is a serious book with a wonderful but kind of dark story.



4. FAR FAR AWAY BY TOM MCNEAL

I remember that this book had a slow pacing but it was really interesting. The book is in the point of view of Jacob Grimm, one of the members of The Brothers Grimm. He is a ghost that watched over a boy in a town where weird things were happening. It was beautifully written and interesting to read.




5. THIS SAVAGE SONG BY VICTORIA SCHWAB

I couldn't resist not putting it in this list. This book is amazing. I love the plot wherein the hideous acts that humans do produce monsters. There was a blooming romance but it was not the point. The characters were badass and they really had to fight for their lives. It was very interesting and fun to read.




BONUS: ARTEMIS FOWL BY EOIN COLFER

I didn't continue this series after the first book because of the lack of romance (I got kind of bored and it had a lot of books) but from what I remember from what I read, it had an amazing plot about a boy and a fairy. They had a lot of interesting adventures together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...