Wednesday 12 July 2017

| #T5W - Children's Book |

Top 5 Wednesday is group that was created by Lainey and is currently hosted by Samantha. A topic is posted every month wherein if you want to, you can post about your top 5 picks for said topics.

The topic for July 12th is "Children's Book" which may include Middle Grade books and/or childhood favorites or more recent reads.


I loved reading even when I was a child. I don't remember much of the titles though because they were mostly fairy tales and other simple short stories with good morals in the end. For this t5w, I'm going to be listing a 5 books I read when I was young and 5 middle grade books.

BOOKS I READ WHEN I WAS YOUNG


Resulta ng larawan para sa nido fairytales
1. NIDO FAIRY TALE STORIES: This is a collection of short stories from all around the world. I still have my copy of these. They're all really short but very wonderful to read. Since they are from around the world, you get to see various cultures of different countries. Plus, since they were made for children, they are meant to give meaningful values and lessons.

Resulta ng larawan para sa garfield comics cover2. GARFIELD: If you don't know Garfield, it's about a fat orange cat who loves to eat. I haven't read many Garfield books but I remember that I loved what I read. Garfield is an adorable cat who is fun to read about. Though sometimes he is mean, especially to Odie. 

Kaugnay na larawan3. ARCHIE: I wasn't able to read many Archie comics but I remember that I was really fond of them. I remember rereading the copies I had a lot of times (I think I only had 5 of them) when I was younger. It's about the lives of various characters living in the fictional town of Riverdale. It was a fun read. I really loved Jughead a lot in the comics because he ate a lot. Plus, there is a tv series called Riverdale which is based (or at least the town name and the characters) from the Archie comics. It was an interesting tv series to watch and I can't wait for the second season.

4. GREEK MYTHOLOGY: I have read various Greek Mythology books when I was young. I found the Gods and Goddesses very interesting along with the heroes. It was reading about the stories of the heroes and how the gods and goddesses helped or ruined their lives. I loved how intricate the relationships are between the different gods, goddesses, and heroes.

5. MANGA: Majority of my younger days were spent reading manga. There are various manga that I read and loved. Some of these are Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden, Hana to Akuma, Naruto, Ichigo 100%, Absolute Boyfriend, Ayashi no Ceres, and other titles. Each manga had their own special characters that made me love them. I loved how much effort was put into creating the art and story of the manga. They were generally fun and interesting to read about.



MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS

Resulta ng larawan para sa percy jackson cover

1. A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS:
I haven't finished reading all of the books. I have enjoyed what I read. Even though the lives of the Baudelaire's are very tragic, it was very interesting to read about. The darkness and mystery behind why they had to endure that fate was interesting to now about. I like the adaptations too (the movie with Jim Carrey and the series with Neil Patrick Harris).


Resulta ng larawan para sa goddess girls cover2. THE MAGISTERIUM SERIES: I haven't continued the third book yet. I like this series. It was a short read but it was interesting. The characters were funny enough along with the lines. Although it will remind you of Harry Potter, I think it wasn't really the same. It had the same elements but with their own different adventures. 


3. RICK RIORDAN BOOKS (THE KANE CHRONICLES, MAGNUS CHASE, PERCY JACKSON): Of course, I can't not mention Rick Riordan's books. All of the books he's written are mostly Middle Grade and all of them are very fun and interesting to read. The characters are hilarious and the story are very interesting. If you love mythologies, be sure to read this.


4. THE 39 CLUES: I started this but I haven't finished all because it has so many books. It's a short but interesting read. The main characters travel all around the world to search for clues and interact with other characters. Their adventure was really wonderful to read about. I think it also used a lot of various historical objects or people.


5. GODDESS GIRLS: I really like this because it's based on the characters from Greek Mythology. I think it had a wonderful concept of introducing gods and goddesses in a fun way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...