Monday 5 February 2018

| When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon |

30312891

"So what if your art's not practical? If you love it, you should do it. What's the point of anything otherwise?"

PAGES: 304 (Ebook)


SYNOPSIS: Dimple's parents let her go to a web development camp called Insomnia Con. There she met a guy named Rishi.


RATING: 3.6/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW

I really enjoyed the first half of this book. Dimple and Rishi's interactions were smooth and it felt natural. It was fun to read about. I also liked that we see each of the perspective of the two main characters. It was interesting that sometimes there were moment where Dimple is thinking about something that Rishi was thinking too. However, on the latter half I felt that some of the things were kind of confusing. Things escalated quickly and there were some events that didn't feel like it was necessary to be there like the talent show. I also had issues regarding some of the characters especially Dimple. She's kind of annoying at times. Plus, the whole web development thing wasn't really focused on. Being a computer science student, I really wanted to see more of that aspect but it felt like it was just use as a basic plot even if it was Dimple's dream to create a successful app. It wasn't discuss in depth. 



FAVORITE QUOTES
Well. I guess that just goes to show you. All of Papa's money can't buy good manners.

The idea that we're connected by this thread to people who live in the place where we came from. Where our parents came from. We have a blueprint for our lives. I think that makes it all seem comforting somehow. Safe.

There were something about people who were that secure; they made you feel better about yourself, like they accepted you for everything you were, imperfections and all.

Distance was the promise of safety. Without distance, Rishi knew the inexorable love for his art, for creation, would suck him in and never let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...