Saturday 24 February 2018

| Mirrored by Alex Flinn |


19278261
"Power can be a wonderful thing, Violet, a wonderful, terrible thing."

PAGES: 311 (Ebook)


SYNOPSIS: A modern retelling of Snow White.


RATING: 3.7/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW

I can see why this had many negative reviews. The characters portrayal had issues and how it kept pointing out how beauty is important got kind of annoying. Plus, it was kind of slow paced. However, I still enjoyed it. It was just a simple retelling of Snow White. I still like Alex Flinn's writing and the way she adapted Snow White was interesting to read. I really liked Celine and Goose. Especially Goose. He was such a fun and precious character. I loved reading in his perspective and seeing how much he cared for Celine.



FAVORITE QUOTES

"Okay. I love a good makeover."
"Girl, there is nothing to make over about you."

"Can we just sit here and watch SpongeBob for the rest of the day?"
"Absolutely. Sometimes, watching SpongeBob is the best thing. SpongeBob never disappoints."

"You're a beautiful woman, and it hasn't helped you. Your beauty is nothing, worthless."

"It would be so cool to be friends with you."
"That's me, every girl's BFF."
And no one's true love.

No one can hurt me, not with love and magic on my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...