Thursday 14 December 2017

| Vicious by VE Schwab |

18180495ExtraOrdinary.
The word that started -- ruined, change -- everything.

PAGES: 308 (Ebook)
SYNOPSIS: It's about bestfriends who ended up becoming enemies.


RATING: 4.25/5

REVIEW: This is a very interesting book with plenty of twists and turns. I like the characters and their backstories. VE Schwab's is amazing af. Her writing is amazing. I love how the timeline changes from the past to the present. It kept things mysterious and engaging. It also helps that the story is fast paced. I like knowing more about Eli and Victor as the story goes on. Even though they both did terrible things, it was easy to see which side was more reasonable than the other. They are both in a morally gray area but I kind of hated the other side. Too self-righteous for my taste. I wonder what will happen in the sequel?



FAVORITE QUOTES
Be lost. Give up. give In. in the end It would be better to surrender before you begin. be lost. Be lost And then you will not care if you are ever found.

"You must make time for that which matters," he recited, "for that which defines you: your passion, your progress, your pen. Take it up, and write your own story."

All Eli had to do was smile. All Victor had to do was lie. Both proved frighteningly effective.

"You can't kill him."
"That may be." His fingers curled around the shovel. "But half the fun is trying."

"How do you feel?" asked Eli.
"Like ass, Cardale," snapped Victor.

Victor Vale was not a fucking sidekick.

"No one is going to hurt you. Do you know why?" She shook her head, and Victor smiled.
"Because I'll hurt them first."

"He called me unnatural," said Sydney softly. "Said my power went against nature. Against God."
"Charming, isn't he?"

"Victor named him Dol," she said.
"It's a measurement of pain," explained Victor.
"Well, that's morbidly appropriate," said Mitch.

"I need you to stay here."
"Why?" she asked.
"Because you don't think I'm a bad person," he said. "And I don't want to prove you wrong."

"We're all monsters," she said, taking up her books. "But so are you."

"There are no good men in this game," said Mitch.

But these words people threw around -- humans, monstes, heroes, villains -- to Victor it was all just a matter of semantics. Someone could call themselves a hero and still walk around killing dozens. Someone else could be labeled a villain for trying to sotp them. Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human.

He let out a breath and patted Mitch's jaw. The man groaned "Mother...fucker..."
"I see you met Eli," said Victor. "He's always been a bit trigger happy."

"You don't understand," gasped Eli. "No one understands."
"When no one understands, that's usually a good sign that you're wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...