Friday 15 December 2017

| Magnus Chase and the Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan |

28006120
Moments don't last. You've got to enjoy each one for what it is.

PAGES: 345 (Ebook)
SYNOPSIS: Magnus Chase goes on a journey with his friends to stop Ragnarok.


RATING: 4.25/5
REVIEW: I love Rick Riordan. As usual, I enjoyed his book. It was entertaining and interesting to see how Rick Riordan would incorporate the actual Norse Mythology in this book. It was particularly enjoyable since I just finished reading a Norse Mythology book (written by Neil Gaiman) and I could see that Rick Riordan really used parts of it in his story. I enjoyed reading about the journey that Magnus and the others went through to stop Ragnarok. The characters, their relationship, and their dialogues were fun to read about. I hope that there will still be another series about Magnus and the others. They were an enjoyable bunch and I hope to see more of them in the future.



FAVORITE QUOTES
Thirty minutes later, I woke up as good as new. Now here I was again, ready for more pain. Hooray.

You can stagger around the battlefield in Valhalla, mortally wounded, gasping your last breath, and calmly think, Oh, so that's what a crushed rib cage feels like. Interesting.


"See, Magnus? I told you it wasn't stupid to carry a sword disguised as a pen!"


And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.


"You're a strange person."

"I prefer the term fabulously weird."

But why, oh,why had my father made the boat the color of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!


"I vote we name it the Big Banana. All in favor?"


Words can be more lethal than blades, Magnus.


You can't hold on to hate forever. It won't do a thing to the person you hate, but it'll poison you, sure enough.


IN CASE you're wondering, Old York looks absolutely nothing like New York.
It looks older.
Magnus Chase, master of description.
You're welcome.


"No, you're too scrawny." Hrungnir pointed to T.J. "I challenge him!"
"I ACCEPT!" T.J. yelled.

Then he blinked, as if thinking Thanks a lot, Dad.

"Wh-what's going on?" I asked. "What's with the glasses?"

Alex Fierro appeared in the doorway. "A scream that high could only be Magnus."

My first task was my favorite one -- getting out of the way.


"All we can do is try, Magnus. I choose to believe that our hardships make us stronger. Everything we've been through on this voyage - it matters. It increases our chances of victory."


"I know. I think the hardest thing we can ever do is see someone for who they really are. Our parents. Our friends. Ourselves."


"And when she kissed me under that blanket yesterday..." I met Alex's two-color eyes. "Well, that was just about the best thing that ever happened to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...