Wednesday 28 June 2017

| #T5W - Hate to Love Ships |

Top 5 Wednesday is group that was created by Lainey and is currently hosted by Samantha. A topic is posted every month wherein if you want to, you can post about your top 5 picks for said topics.

The topic for June 28th is "Hate to Love Ships" which may refer to a romance you didn't love at first but slowly warmed up to or a romance that started from hate (kind of a strong word) or maybe dislike then developed into love.
WARNING: Spoilers at some parts of the reasons!


ELIZABETH BENNET & FITZWILLIAM DARCY

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Elizabeth and Darcy disliked each other a lot in the major parts of the book. I love reading how they came to realize that they had a lot of misunderstandings about each other. The development of their relationship was wonderful to read.

SIDE NOTE: Read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies if you want more Elizabeth and Mr Darcy! That book is awesome.

WILL TRAYNOR AND LOU CLARK

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Will did not hate Lou but he disliked the fact that he had another caretaker. He treated Lou badly at first but later on he grew fond of her. I love the days they spent together. They were really adorable together. I love how supportive Will is towards Lou and how much he motivated her to explore more about the world. I am really heartbroken by Will's decision in the end though.



KATE WINTERS AND HENRY

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Since this is a retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone, it's a given that Kate didn't like Henry at some point. I love this version of Hades and Persephone because it's not really Persephone. I love how much Kate cared for Henry when she finally realized that she did love him. Henry is a precious character and should be comforted and protected at all times. He was very protective and caring towards Kate and it was just perfect.

SYDNEY SAGE & ADRIAN IVASHKOV

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Sydney doesn't necessarily hate Adrian but she was raised to hate vampires and they did argue a lot in the beginning. I love Adrian and I love that he got a happy ending in the Vampire Academy series (even though it was the spin-off). I love how suited they are for each other. I love seeing them bicker and support each other a lot throughout the series.



AKIVA AND KAROU

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
They did not necessarily hate each other but at some point Karou hated Akiva. These two had to go through so much pain before finally getting what they wanted. The intense feelings and the peace that they wanted together was inspiring. The romance they had was wonderful to read.

SHAZI AND KHALID

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
HONORABLE MENTION: I haven't finished all the books of this series that's why it's an honorable mention. Shazi hated Khalid a lot in the beginning of the book but later fell for him. I love reading the book because of the development between the two. I love how caring and protective Khalid is towards Shazi and how supportive Shazi is towards him.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I totally didn't think of Lou and Will. I freaking adore that book and I agree with will's actions in the beginning and his decision in the end. It made me feel like I wanted to hate him for not wanting to stick it out with Lou when She obviously really cared for him.

    My post is available if you want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...