Sunday 11 June 2017

| MOVIES - Disappointing Book to Movie Adaptation |


  1. VAMPIRE ACADEMY: I love the books and I really disliked the casts for the characters (except for Dominic Sherwood as Christian Ozera). They were not the casts I imagined in my head while reading it. For some reason, the Rose here annoyed me so much it affected my whole perspective on the movie. I also did not like the way the story was shown. Sure, it followed most of the events in the book but for some reason I really did not appreciate it. Plus, I did not like the CGI for the psi-hounds and the make up and props for the vampires felt cheap. I wish a reboot would be made with a better cast. I actually cannot remember much in the movie while I was writing this because it came out years ago.
  2. THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES: At first I really wasn't disappointed by the film however the more I think about it, the more I realize it's flaws. I really liked majority of the casts for this film. That was one of the reasons why I wasn't disappointed at first. I really looooved Godfrey Gao. However, I really hated the cast for Valentine. He looked nothing like the Valentine in the book. I think it would have been better if the cast for Valentine was the actor for Pangborn (Kevin Durand). Jonathan Rhys Meyers may be an amazing actor however he was not Valentine for me. He felt really small and thin as Valentine. Valentine in my mind should be able to carry Jace and a well-built man. That was the biggest let down of the movie for me. The next issue would be how the story was portrayed. The Shadowhunter World that Cassandra Clare created was an amazing one and the movie did not give it justice. I hated how the story progressed. The script could've been made better. I don't know much about the reboot which is a series because the first season did not impress me and I haven't continued the second season yet.
  3. PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS: The costume and make up for the characters and the design for the camp half blood was impressive since they tried to be more accurate to the book. The cast were amazing as well (I loved seeing Nathan Fillion as Hermes and Tyson was really adorable). HOWEVER, the script. Oh the script was so bad. It diverted so much from the book and I really did not like how it progressed. I hated the fact that Kronus appeared at the end??? Like, whaaaaat?? Plus, they replaced PIERCE FREAKIN BROSNAN AS CHIRON. UNACCEPTABLE.
  4. ME BEFORE YOU: I actually liked this film. I loved Emilia Clarke as Lou. She was perfect for it. She was exactly everything I imagined Lou would be from the books. I loved how they followed the book. The cinematography was very beautiful and amazing. The only reason why I was disappointed at this film was because they lessened the pain. They removed the essential parts in the books that broke my heart. Will's tattoo and the backstory about Lou and why she doesn't leave. They made the story more light. The trailer broke my heart more than the actual movie.
  5. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS: I really really adored Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters and Nat Wolff as Isaac. The story really followed the book. However, I did not like Shailene Woodley as Hazel. I really did not feel anything for her. I did not like her acting and it made me sad because the scenes that were supposed to be really heartbreaking wasn't that much heartbreaking for me because of her. Plus, they changed the last line. The last line was supposed to be, "I do Augustus, I do". That line really broke my heart and I hate that they removed it. It was the perfect line ending because I remember one post in tumblr where one of the people who read it, read the last page first and they thought it was a happy ending since he/she thought the last line was Hazel accepting Gus's proposal and he/she was so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...