Wednesday 11 July 2018

| BOOKS I'VE READ SO FAR |



Since we're on the second half of the year, here is a summary of the books I read during the months of January - June:
  1. The Young Queens by Kendare Blake (4/5)
    • I really liked seeing the girls as they were growing up - with each other and apart.
  2. Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire (4/5)
    • I liked that we get to see some of the other worlds. Interesting adventure but the writing wasn't as beautiful as in the other books.
  3. The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (4.25/5)
    • I really liked the interactions between Prosper and Alastor. It was an enjoyable read.
  4. The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (3.5/5)
    • I really liked seeing Dash and Lily again but I really did not like many of the things that happened.
  5. Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet (3.8/5)
    • Interesting compilations of short stories. Some were interesting and some were not.
  6. Mirrored by Alex Flinn (3.7/5)
    • I really liked Alex Flinn's twist on Snow White. It was an interesting read even though there were lagging parts.
  7. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (3.6/5)
    • I really liked the premise of the story. I enjoyed the first half but things got confusing and annoying by the second half.
  8. Son of the Dawn by Cassandra Clare (4.25/5)
    • It was interesting seeing a young Jace and Jem's interactions with Raphael and the other vampires.
  9. Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi (4/5)
    • It was an interesting take on the Indian Mythology. I liked what happened and the characters but it did remind me a lot of the first book of Percy Jackson.
  10. The Oracle Queen by Kendare Blake (4.3/5)
    • It was very interesting to know what happened to the last Oracle Queen. I'm still mad at what happened.
  11. Circe by Madeline Miller (4.5/5)
    • I enjoyed seeing Madeline Miller's take on the life of Circe. It was an interesting read especially if you like Greek Mythology.
  12. The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan (5/5)
    • I love this book. So many amazing things happened (as well as heartbreaking) and I can't wait for the next one!
  13. Cast Long Shadows by Cassandra Clare (4.75/5)
    • I felt so bad for Matthew in this book. It was interesting to see what might be a conflict in the upcoming The Last Hours series.
  14. Every Exquisite Thing by Cassandra Clare (5/5)
    • I really like Anna Lightwood. She's amazing and her whole family is amazing too. I can't wait to see them in TLH series.
  15. Learn about Loss by Cassandra Clare (4.5/5)
    • Nothing much happens in this book but I enjoyed meeting Sister Emilia. I also felt happy seeing Will and Jem together.
I only have reviews for ten of the books I've read so far but i'm planning on making reviews for the other ones in the following days.

FAVORITE BOOK SO FAR: The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...