Tuesday 17 July 2018

| Meet Cute: Some People are Destined to Meet |

PAGES: 216 (Ebook)

SYNOPSISA collection of meet cute stories. Meet cute is the part of a story where two people meet for the first time before they fall in love.

OVERALL RATING: 3.75/5


REVIEW: It was an interesting collection. There were two stories I didn't like but since there were 14 stories it's safe to say that most of the stories were okay, likable or adorable. There were two stories that stood out for me but I had fun with most of the other stories. They just weren't as impactful as the two ones I really liked. I liked that there was a diverse set of characters - not all of the couples are male and female. It made the stories much more interesting and amazing. Take note that most of the stories end after the two lead characters meet so it doesn't really have much closure. If you don't like stories like that, don't read this. You'd probably get annoyed. 


1.  SIEGE ETIQUETTE BY KATIE COTUGNO
You're the most popular girl in your grade- or at least, you were before everything happened. Now you kind of don't know what you are. A curiosity, maybe.
RATING: 1.5/5
REVIEWMaleFemale. This is the story that I really did not like. The writing was alright. The scenario was fine but I really did not like the lead female character. The male character was alright but not really interesting. I really disliked this story because even though I feel bad for Hailey, I really hated that she cheated on her boyfriend with Wolf.
2.  PRINT SHOP BY NINA LACOUR
When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. 
RATING: 4.75/5
REVIEW: FemaleFemale. Nina's writing was really beautiful. You could visualize the printshop that Evie worked in. The characters were interesting and I enjoyed reading this. The circumstance where Evie met Lauren was cute even if it was a bit weird. It's too modern. But hey, since online dating works, then I guess I had no qualms about this one.
3.  HOURGLASS BY IBI ZOBOI

RATING
: 3/5

REVIEWMaleFemale. It was an alright story. The writing, story, and the characters were alright. I did not enjoy it more because it focused more on Cherish's issues with her bestfriend, Stacey. I did not like that they broke their friendship over a useless guy. I wish Mamadou and Cherish had more interactions in the story rather than having met near the ending. Plus, I wish we got to see Cherish wearing the dress on prom.
4.  CLICK BY KATHARINE MCGEE
 "We did click. We don't need permission from an algorithm for that."
RATING: 5/5
REVIEWMaleFemale. I really liked this story. The app was very interesting to me because I could imagine how it was created. I was fascinated by it. I really like how Alexa and Raden met. I like the twist it had in the end. It broke my heart though to find out about Alexa's sister.
5.  THE INTERN BY SARA SHEPARD
Someday, you'll be yourself again. But you know what? That doesn't have to be today.
RATING: 3/5
REVIEWMaleFemale. This was another alright story. I liked Phineas. He comforted Clara and pushed her out of her comfort zone. I just felt something a little off about how fast everything happened given Clara's situation.
6.  SOMEWHERE THAT'S GREEN BY MEREDITH RUSSO
Lexie let out a single, surprised squeak, but after that all she heard was applause.
RATING: 4/5
REVIEWTransGay. It was a cute story. It was interesting to see what the author did to the LGBT characters. She made them stand together and be proud of who they are. Still, I did like Lucian and Nia together in the beginning. It was adorable how much Lucian cared for her.
7. THE WAY WE LOVE HERE BY DHONIELLE CLAYTON
None of us know when our time is up. The gods gave us one gift- to know when our loves would come. The best part of life. It would be greedy.
RATING: 5/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. I really loved this story. This is the story that annoyed me the most because I really want the full version. It had an interesting premise and the events that were shown will really affect you. I really want them to get together in the future even if it will just end up in disaster. At least they had time together.
8.  OOMPH BY EMERY LORD
I put my music on shuffle when I sat down and this is the first song that came up.
A screenshot of a song called "Pretty Girl at the Airport".
RATING: 3.8/5
REVIEW: FemaleFemale. It was a simple airport romance but it was very cute. It was adorable that they used Natasha and Peggy as code names.
9.  THE DICTIONARY OF YOU AND ME BY JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT
RATING: 4.3/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. I really liked this story. Moss and the guy were really cute together. I love that it was through a book that they met and they had their first meet up in the library.
10.  THE UNLIKELY LIKELIHOOD OF FALLING IN LOVE BY JOCELYN DAVIES
But like I said before, you can't plan for everything.
RATING: 4/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. It was a very cute story. I liked that she incorporated Math and fate together. It was fun but you could predict that she'll be able to meet the guy.
11. 259 MILLION MILES BY KASS MORGAN
RATING: 3.8/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. This was a cute but sad story. How are things supposed to work between them if they are on different planets! I'm glad that Blythe was able to encourage Phillip though. Their scene in the isolation chamber was cute.
12.  SOMETHING REAL BY JULIE MURPHY
She pulls back, lingering for a moment, her lips hovering above mine. "Something real," she says.
RATING: 4.25/5
REVIEW: FemaleFemale. It was a really short but really cute story. Martha and June's connection felt real and adorable. I loved it. I loved the circumstance where they met.
13. SAY EVERYTHING BY HUNTLEY FITZPATRICK
What you get to keep is the friendship- and someday more- of that boy whose life unexpected collided with yours, who made it a resolution to right a wrong, whatever way he could.
RATING: 2.7/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. It was an alright story but not really that amazing. There were times that I felt cringy about the situation but I liked what Sean was doing. He was a good guy.
14. THE DEPARTMENT OF DEAD LOVE BY NICOLA YOON
 "All love ends," she says.
 "Maybe," I say. "But it has to start somewhere."
RATING: 3.5/5
REVIEW: MaleFemale. I liked the concept that there is a department for helping heartbroken people. I even liked Thomas and Gabby together and I predicted it would be them together in the end but I can't help but think about how Sam would feel? He disrupted her life and gave her a way to restore their relationship which she also wanted but just stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...