Friday 18 May 2018

| BOOK - Cast Long Shadows by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan |

37955374CAST LONG SHADOWS

'Later Matthew would look back and remember it as his last happy day.'

SYNOPSIS: A story about Matthew Fairchild, Charlotte and Henry's son.
RATING: 4.75/5

REVIEW: 
  • It had an interesting story that might be an important background to Matthew Fairchild's character in the Last Hour series.
  • I really love Matthew. He's a fun character and I love his friendship with Jamie, Thomas, and Christopher.
  • Even though it's just a short story, you'll go through a roller coaster of emotions. Many fun and heartbreaking things happen.
  • I really prefer Cassie's shadowhunter books that are set in London. I love reading her writing here.
  • It's fun to see the characters from the Infernal Devices series. 

SHOULD YOU READ IT: Sure. It was a quick read but you should probably read Cassandra Clare's previous works (mainly The Infernal Devices).


FAVORITE QUOTES:


"Friends who were easy to get might be easy to lose."

"There can be no trespass when you are always welcome."

"They sell heartbreak as well as dreams."
"Is Christopher Lightwood upon the premises? Is our Market shortly to be engulfed in flames?"
"No", Matthew said, sounding amusd. 'Christopher is at home.'
"At home in Idris?"
"In the Lightwoods' London home, but it is far away."
"Not far enough!" decided Ragnor Fell. "I shall decamp to Paris forthwith."

"Watch the test tubes!" cried Thomas.
"There is a hole in the floor at the Academy that Professor Fell calls the Christopher Lightwood chasm."

"Come to me, Jamie that we might share a manly embrace."
He made incursions upon Jamie's person. James thwacked him over the head with his book. It was a large book.
"Betrayed," said Matthew, writhing prone upon the floor. "Is that why you insist on carrying about enormous tomes everywhere you go, that you might insist violence upon innocent persons? Done to death by my best friend - my heart's brother - my own dear parabatai -"


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...