Thursday 18 January 2018

| Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare |

30312891

"We fear things because we value them. We fear losing people because we love them. We fear dying because we value being alive. Don't you wish you didn't fear anything. All that would mean is that you didn't feel anything."

PAGES: 536 (Ebook)


SYNOPSIS: The Clave is still looking for Malcolm's body. The Blackthorns are trying to find out more about the history of Malcolm and Annabel. They found out that there may be a connection to the faeries. 


RATING: 5/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: I was kind of spoiled about what would happen in the book because I read the shadowhunters wikia of Lord of Shadows but it still didn't prepare my heart on the things that would happen. So many things happened in this book. Amazing and devastating things. Cassie's writing is still amazing af. There were many plot developments and stories that were explored and amazingly, they all tied up smoothly. The character development of old characters were great. There were some new characters introduced that you may want to kill and the main plot will most probably anger you. The issue of the cold peace was discussed. I love most part of the book especially since some of the old characters that I love were mentioned or they made appearance in this book. They had fun and interesting interactions with the Blackthorns. You can totally feel the bond between the Blackthorns and it will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Many parts of the book will make you cry (or want to cry) especially the ending. Oh god, the ending. It will break your heart and make you want to cry all day. It will also make you feel devastated af. I really can't wait for the next book because I want to know what happens next!




FAVORITE QUOTES
"Come to the library," she announced.
"The tentacle is starting to dissolve."
"You drive me wild with your sexy talk," said Jace, pulling on his gear jacket.
 


"We are Centurions," Zara said. "We don't take orders from you-
"
Diana whirled on her. "Shut up, you stupid child," she said in a voice of cold fury. "As if the Dearborns didn't cower in Zurich during the Dark War? You've never been in a real battle. I have. Don't speak another word."
 


Julian felt his mouth go dry. Why had Nene left her a dress? Why couldn't Emma be coming to bed in filthy gear? Why did the universe hate him?
 


"We could together slay a frost giant, or devour a deer."
"I don't want to do either of those things," said Diana after a moment.Gwyn looked crestfallen."But I will go out with you," she said, blushing. "Preferably to a nice restaurant. Bring flowers, and not the helmet."
 


"I see," said a silky voice, "that I seem to have arrived here just in time."
"Magnus Bane," said Barnabas, with clear loathing. "The Ultimate Traitor.""Not my favorite nickname," Magnus said gently wiggling his fingers in Barnabas's direction. "I prefer 'Our Lord and Master' or maybe 'Unambigously the Hottest.'"
 

"Oh, we know entirely how in thrall to the Shadowhunters you are." Barnabas was so furious, saliva flew when he spoke. "Especially the Lightwoods."Magnus raised a lazy eyebrow. "Is this about my boyfriend? Jealous, Barnabas?" 

"Horace Dearborn and his daughter, Zara."
"Horace?" Mark was startled."Sadly," said Magnus, "that is his name. Hence his life of evil."
 


"Odd thing to write in a diary," Magnus muttered. " 'Traitorous plans with the Unseelie King afoot today, what ho.' "
 


"You hungry?"
"When am I not hungry?"
 


"That is a shame," he said. "I think to be loved by you would be a tremendous honor."
  


"Break my heart," he said. "Break it in pieces. I give you permission." 

There was a long silence. Magnus broke it. "I have to hand it to you," he said. "I never thought Jace and Clary would be topped by anyone else in terms of insane, self destructive decisions, but you all are giving them a run for their money."
 


"I understand that you've been very active in Council affairs lately, Zara," she said. "That does not mean you can interrupt the Consul. Go and sit down."
After a moment, Zara sat, looking angry. Aline pumped her fist. "Go, Mom," she whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...