Saturday 26 September 2020

| MOVIE - Outbreak |

SYNOPSIS: A deadly virus began spreading in California, and the military/ doctors are trying to do their best to find a way to cure it. 

GENRE: Disaster, Action, Science Fiction
RATING: 7.3/10
This movie was very thrilling. There were no slow moments. They were always doing something related to the virus, so the flow was very smooth. It was interesting that they showed how the virus spread and how much people were affected, and then they started developing a cure. I felt invested in what would happen in the development process - how the characters would be able to solve it. The conspiracy was an intriguing additional aspect, even though you can tell that it was just there to add more conflict. As if the characters didn't have their hands full with the cure. The casts were great in their roles. I especially love seeing Morgan Freeman.
    SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: If you want something thrilling, and don't hate old movies. It came out in 1995.

    WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: Not really, except if somebody wanted to watch it with me.

    WARNING: SPOILERS!

    • Since this a movie, they found a cure faster than the real-life rate. I honestly wish it was that easy to create a cure, especially with the situation in our world right now. 
    • The virus that was shown was very devastating. 
    • I loved seeing young Patrick Dempsey here. It was devastating, though, that he was the first casualty. It was very stressful to watch him transport the carrier monkey illegally, but it was more stressful when he released it in the wild. 
    • I disliked Donald Sutherland's role. He was such an asshole. I guess this may be happening in real life? We don't know. It was a sad reality that they would let many people die to get their hands on a virus that can be used in war.
    • The child playing with the monkey was another stressful scene. I felt bad for the mother because she was scared for her daughter.
    • I love the flight scene chase that occurred near the ending.
    • Even though it's not realistic, I'm glad that Sam was able to convince the bomber flight crew not to detonate the bomb on the town. It was awesome to see Morgan Freeman relieve Donald Sutherland of his command.
    • I love that there was a happy ending for Sam and Robby.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    | BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

    I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...