Tuesday 17 October 2017

| MOVIES - SEPTEMBER PART 3 |

NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST


SYNOPSIS: Norah meets Nick in a bar and asks for him to pretend to be her boyfriend for 5 minutes.
RATING: 5/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
I didn't really like this movie. The cinematography was alright and so is the story but I felt nothing for the characters. I didn't particularly enjoying the casts because I think that they aren't suited for high school character roles (probably because I just watched this now and I keep thinking of their current roles). I felt nothing for Nick and Norah together especially since the story just lasts for a whole night and it seems absurd to fall in love in such a limited time (especially since it's only just a few hours because it's a movie). Plus, I really didn't think that the music was the main focus of the movie. Still, I loved Nick's friends. They were hilarious.


KING ARTHUR: THE LEGEND OF THE SWORD


SYNOPSIS: A retelling of the story of King Arthur.
RATING: 7.8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
You should not watch this movie when you are sick. Everything moves too fast. Just kidding. The movie was great. The cinematography, effects, and background music were amazing. To be honest, I don't really like the story of King Arthur and Merlin but I was intrigued by this movie. Their version is an interesting one and seeing it unfold was very entertaining. Plus, there were funny moments too.


NAOMI AND ELY'S NO KISS LIST


SYNOPSIS: Naomi and Ely, who's been friends for years, goes through a rough patch after their No Kiss List pact was violated.
RATING: 8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I really enjoyed watching this movie. It focused more on friendship, family bond, and character development. It was very entertaining and you would really care for the characters. Naomi is a bit of a bitch in the beginning but as she matured, you begin to grow fond of her. Her friendship with Ely was adorable and funny. They were really cute together. Pierson Fode was amazing as Naomi's gay bestfriend. Also, he's really handsome. Matthew Daddario is also a wonderful addition to the cast. He was handsome and adorable.


13 GOING ON 30


SYNOPSIS: A thirteen year old girl makes a wish on her birthday to become thirty.
RATING: 8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I really liked this movie when I was young and I still like it. The movie was entertaining and heartfelt. There were fun, cringy, and heartbreaking scenes. Jennifer Garner did a good job portraying the 30-year-old Jenna Rink. You could really see her act like she was still 13 years old. I also really love the fact that Mark Ruffalo portrayed Matty. He's an adorable man who deserved to get his happiness.


ALICE IN WONDERLAND


SYNOPSIS: Alice wanders through wonderland where everyone was waiting for her to slay the Jabberwocky.
RATING: 6.8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I have already watched this before but I didn't remember enjoying it as much. When I rewatched it, I managed to enjoy it more (since I liked the Through the Looking Glass movie very much). This movie is very entertaining but it's very weird. The cinematography is very beautiful. The way that the story panned out was kind of slow but it was interesting. I liked how the story panned out. It may have been better if Mia Wasikowska was not Alice (I really didn't like her much). On the other hand, every other cast was entertaining especially Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. I liked his dance.


EVERYTHING EVERYTHING


SYNOPSIS: Maddy, who's not allowed to leave her home because of SCID, falls in love with her new neighbor.
RATING: 5/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

The interactions between Maddy and Olly were cute and adorable but I really didn't feel much for them. I found the story quite predictable and because I kind of spoiled myself of what happened in the ending, I really didn't enjoy it. Nothing much happened all throughout the movie and some of the things that happened kind of annoyed me. Plus, the movie kind of bored me.


MAMMA MIA


SYNOPSIS: Sophie who is about to get married tries to find her father so that he could walk her down the aisle.
RATING: 8.5/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I am truly amazed that they were incorporate many ABBA songs in the movie and it didn't feel forced. The movie was really fun. It seemed a bit weird at some points but it was very entertaining. It was very warm and cheerful to watch. The casts were amazing especially Meryl Streep. Her role her was really different from the one she had as Miranda from the Devil Wears Prada but she still nailed it. I was also amazed that the other five casts (the three maybe-dads, and Donna's friends) were also famous people. I was also amazed to see Pierce Brosnan singing. He wasn't as good as the others but it was still fun. Plus, I really like him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...