Tuesday 17 October 2017

| Harry Potter and the Cursed Child |


29056083
The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution. 

PAGES: 241 (Ebook)
SYNOPSIS: Albus Severus Potter befriends Scorpius Malfoy and they go on an adventure.
RATING: 3.75/5

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

First of all, the book is a play. The writing is so much different from the other harry potter books so don't feel disappointed because of that. It's a script so it would be different from what we are used to. It was still interesting and since it's not as descriptive as the other books, it's just a short read.

The plot wasn't really that amazing and it had so many plot holes but it was still enjoyable to read. Just go through it without analyzing it too much and you would enjoy it really well. I actually really enjoyed reading it even though I already knew what would happen (kind of got spoiled). The time travel aspect of this book was very interesting. It showed you so many things that could get messed up when you change something in the past. 

Albus and Scorpius were adorable together. There were also many funny scenes throughout the book. It focused more on the dialogues and the feelings of the characters. Plus, seeing old and new harry potter characters were both nostalgic and interesting. I love that there is another book in the Harry Potter world.



FAVORITE QUOTES:

ROSE: The rumour is that he's Voldemort's son, Albus.
           A horrible, uncomfortable silence.
ALBUS: It's probably rubbish. I mean... look, you've got a nose. 

RON: Nothing scares me. Apart from Mum. 

SCORPIUS: Have you seen the books on these shelves? There are some serious books here. Banned books. Cursed books.
ALBUS: How to distract Scorpius from difficult emotional issues. Take him to a library. 

DELPHI: What have you done?
SCORPIUS: I, uh, I opened a book. Something which has - in all my years on this planet - never been a particularly dangerous activity. 

DRACO: I'm not here to antagonise you. But my son is in tears and I am his father and so I am here to ask why you would keep apart two good friends. 

DRACO: Keep up, old man.
HARRY: We're the same age, Draco.
DRACO: I wear it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...