Sunday 15 October 2017

| MOVIES - SEPTEMBER PART 2 |

THIRTEENTH GHOST


SYNOPSIS: A man inherits the house of his uncle who passed away which contains 12 ghosts. 
RATING: 6.5/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I remember that I loved this movie when I was young but now that I watched it again, it wasn't super amazing but it was still good. It was scary because some of the ghosts were really violent. I would have loved it more if each of the background of the ghosts were told in the movie. Things escalated pretty quickly. The story was fast paced and interesting.


SHREK


SYNOPSIS: Shrek agrees to rescue Princess Fiona in order to get his swamp back.
RATING: 8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I really enjoyed watching this film. The humor was amazing. It made me laugh out loud. There was depth to Shrek's character and Donkey was annoying at some parts but at some he was really fun. I also liked that it made fun of other fairytales and that it has it's own beauty standards. Plus, the songs are fun.


SHREK 2


SYNOPSIS: Shrek and Princess Fiona get invited to visit her parents in the kingdom of Far Far Away.
RATING: 7.8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I liked the first movie more but I still enjoyed watching this one. The humor was still amazing especially in the beginning. The story involving Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming was interesting. Puss was a wonderful addition to the cast. I'm glad the Fiona's father and Shrek got along.


SHREK 3


SYNOPSIS: Shrek went out on a journey to find the next heir to the kingdom of Far Far Away while Prince Charming plans his revenge.
RATING: 7/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

This is the Shrek movie that I liked least. It's still fun and enjoyable but not as much as the first ones. One of the reasons for that may be because I don't like Prince Charming and I don't care what happens to him. Plus, Arthur is not really that interesting. Still, I liked the scene where the princesses were shown.


SHREK FOREVER AFTER


SYNOPSIS: Shrek decides to make a deal with Rumplestilskin so that he could get a break from his family.
RATING: 8/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

This movie was better than Shrek 3. It was hilarious but with a dark twist. It was very interesting to see an alternate version of events from the first movie. I managed to see the characters in a new perspective and it was fun. Seeing Shrek and Fiona's interactions in the alternate version made me fall in love with their relationship all over again.


THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD


SYNOPSIS: A professional bodyguard was assigned to protect a hitman that he loaths.
RATING: 9/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
    I really had an amazing time watching this. It was really funny and full of action. The interactions between Michael and Darius were hilarious. I like that they managed to set aside their differences and work together. They even bonded. 
  PS: Children should not be allowed to watch it because it's full of cursing.


THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA


SYNOPSIS: Andy, a simple and smart girl, was hired as an assistant to a demanding editor-in-chief of a well-known fashion magazine.
RATING: 6.3/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I don't really get the point of the whole movie. Sure, it was entertaining to see Andy rose up and get recognition from Miranda who is really demanding but what really is the point? Don't be ambitious? Focus on caring more about yourself and not what others want you to be? Don't be a bitch? Anyway, the cast was amazing. Anne Hathaway was really beautiful and the outfits she wore throughout the movie were stunning. Meryl Streep was scary as Miranda. She nailed it. I loved Stanley Tucci's character. He was really supportive towards Andy. He helped her a lot and it sucked what happened to him.


BABY DRIVER


SYNOPSIS: A young man was forced to be the getaway driver of several crimes.
RATING: 8.5/10

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I really liked this movie. The main thing to know is that it doesn't focus on the heists. The story was very entertaining to watch. The cinematography and the car scenes were amazing. I loved the songs that were used. My friend described the movie as a big music video and it seems like it was true. I love how the story panned out. It kept me on the edge of my seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...