Thursday 6 August 2020

| UPDATE - Shows I'm Currently Watching |


It’s Okay To Not Be Okay

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 8
  • I love the fairytale theme of this KDrama. The cinematography and art are beautiful. The background music and songs are so appropriate to the scenes that even though I don't usually notice that aspect, I did in this.
  • I still don't know where the plot is going, but it is interesting to see different kinds of people with different reasons not to be okay. We get to see them be accepted and rejected by other people, and how that affects them. 
  • Moon-Young is such a complicated character because you can't predict what she will do next. Sometimes her actions are disturbing, but I feel that her motives are good because she just wants others to show that they are not okay. 
  • I love the effects of Moon-Young and Kang-Tae's interactions with each other. Their banters are sometimes funny, and sometimes heartbreaking. It's a wild ride to watch them together.
  • I still don't like Joo-ri. I can feel that underneath all that kindness that she is showing, there's something she's suppressing. I want to know her backstory with Moon-Young.
  • Soon-Duk is honestly the best person. Kim Mi-Kyung is always amazing in her roles, and I love seeing her here.

Flower of Evil

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 2
  • I honestly just watched this to see Lee Joon-Gi, but the story feels very intriguing. Two episodes in, I'm hooked. The situation gives me the same feeling as Bad Guys (KDrama). I didn't feel like the episodes lasted an hour. The pacing is good.
  • I don't care much for the crime investigation aspect. The people in the police station are kind of annoying. It feels like a generic crime show. Still, I find the crimes interesting, and the reasons why those crimes were committed.
  • It's very interesting to see the relationship between Hee-Sung and Ji-Won. We get to see how Hee-Sung's mind works, so you won't know how much of it is real. Also, something about Ji-Won feels off. 
  • The two episodes will leave you hanging for answers, so you will probably imagine/think about how things would play out. 
  • I suggest to not watch while it is still ongoing, the torture of waiting every week is pure agony. 

Mawaru Penguindrum

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 5
  • I love the penguins in this. They are idiots, but they are adorable as fuck. I actually started this anime just to see the penguins, and they did not disappoint.
  • I love the family dynamic in this. The three siblings are adorable. Shoma and Kanba's motivation is so wholesome, even if their actions aren't.
  • There are many weird and cringe-y aspects of this anime, mainly Ringo and the hat. It's kind of disturbing, that's why I stopped. I still plan on continuing it, but I'm not in the mood yet.


My Next Life as a Villainess

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 2
  • I'm really liking this type of Isekai. It's interesting to see the action of the main character after they've realized what kind of world they are. It's hella entertaining.
  • I've read the chapters of the manga (for the episodes I've watched), and I like how accurate they are. The only thing I wanted that wasn't in the anime is Catarina's inner thoughts.
  • Catarina's actions are sometimes dumb, but you can't help but love her. She's very wholesome. Her motivations are for survival, but I love her interactions with the other characters. They keep getting attached to her, and it's hilarious.

Tanaka-Kun is Always Listless

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 2
  • This is such an adorable anime. Tanaka's methods to stay listless are entertaining. I have only watched two episodes at the moment, but I'm already in love. 
  • The animation is simple but very beautiful. I love how the characters look. 
  • Ohta is the most precious character I have seen. His interactions with Tanaka is very lovely. I'd give anything to have someone like him in my life. 

Fruits Basket Season 02

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 17
  • I love the new adaptation of Fruits Basket. The animation is wonderful. You'll fall in love with most of the characters. 
  • At the moment, the second season feels more like a calm before the storm thing. Most of the episodes are focused on developing the characters and their relationship with others. If you want fast-paced anime, this is not for you. I'm not saying that the pacing is bad, but if you came here to know more about the zodiac issue, then don't expect much. We're here for the relationships and character developments.
  • I've read the manga, and seeing it in anime format is much more heartbreaking. Some scenes are arranged differently, which gives it a heavier impact. 
  • At this point, I still want to hurt Akito. I've seen scenes from the episodes I haven't watched yet, and I already feel that it will break me.
  • I really love seeing Yuki's character development. He's finding his own way of life and becoming more independent. He's finding other people in his life that aren't part of the Soma family and not Tohru. I also love that his bond with Ayame is deepening.

Shokugeki no Soma Season 05

  • EPISODES WATCHED: 5
  • I like the contest this season. It’s different, and the level of difficulty is higher. We get to see new enemies and new themes for the cooking competition. They are weird but entertaining. 
  • I think it’s better not to know anything about the BLUE arc before watching this. I know what happens, and I’m kind of just watching it for the contest now. 
  • Something bugs me about Erina’s hairstyle. It looks so weird. 
  • I dislike the aspect that Asahi’s desire is to marry Erina. I get that Erina’s god tongue is important in their culinary world, but I hate that they had to put the marriage subplot. Also, Asahi’s creepy. All of the noir members are.
  • It's cute that were are getting to see more of Soma's mother.
  • I'm so proud of Megumi for getting the first place in the BLUE preliminaries.

3 comments:

  1. Any plans to make a review about "My Next Life as a Villainess"? I feel really conflicted about the show and I'm curious to read your thoughts.

    - Rune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I still plan to continue watching it. I'm just waiting to be in the mood again to continue watching anything. I'll try to do it within this month. I'll update my reviews in myanimelist if I'm done :)

      Delete
    2. Allright! looking forward to it.

      Delete

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...