Friday 26 July 2019

| MIDYEAR K-DRAMA ADVENTURE |

BEWARE OF SPOILERS! (Don't read all of the bullets)

  1. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim (9/10)
    • I started watching this last year, but I wasn't able to finish it because I got busy. Amazingly, I still remember most of the details that happened which is shocking because I've been too busy.
    • I enjoyed watching this K-Drama a lot. Most people told me that this doesn't have much plot, but I'd like to disagree. The traumatic past between the two lead characters is enough for me to be intrigued as to how it will affect the story. I liked the twists and turns that happened. Also, I liked the fact that issues that were usually used by other K-Drama did not become a problem here (EX: Mi-so's not as rich, and she's just a secretary). 
    • I loved watching the relationship between Young-Joon and Mi-So develop. They were too adorable together. 
    • Some of the things that Young-Joon does are cringy, but Park Seo-Joon made it work.
    • I like Young-Joon a lot because you can see that he truly cared for Mi-So. He helped her grow into the secretary that she became. He kept their history a secret even if it cost him his happiness because he did not want her to remember the terrible things that they have been through. He was willing to support her resigning her job after he realized that she never had a chance to do something for herself. I'm happy that she stayed as his secretary though because she was flawless in her job. Also, his determination to prove himself to her family was admirable. 
    • This is the first role of Park Min-Young that I liked. I usually got annoyed at her characters, but this one worked for me. She was so pretty here and her outfits are so beautiful. She was flawless in her job.
    • I love the relationship between Young-Joon and Yoo-sik. They are too hilarious together, and they supported each other a lot. It's especially funny that it's Kang Ki-Young who played Yoo-Sik. I love that guy. I love the scenes where they kept arriving at each other's intimate moment, and they do not know how to react. 
    • I love seeing Mi-So's memory of her parents especially since her parents were played by Lee Min Ki, and Jung So-Min. I love those two.
    • I loved Mi-so's father. He was a good guy, but mischievous. I love his support for his daughter, and he truly cared for her, and he just wanted her to be happy. Same goes for her sisters. 
    • I love the relationship between Yoo-Sik and his secretary. It's too funny especially since sometimes you'll wonder if she's really under Yoo-Sik. She did many foolish things but things worked out for the best between Yoo-Sik and his wife because of it.
    • I felt bad for Mi-So whenever she sees a spider. You could feel her fear and it was more terrible for her since she does not specifically know why she is afraid of spiders. The same goes for Young-Joon and cable ties.
    • I cannot handle the feelings it gave me when Young-Joon admitted he never forgot about the incident. His sacrifice for his brother was admirable, but I felt bad for his brother because they never told him the truth. They let him believe in a lie that ruined his mental health. I'm glad that the brothers worked it out when everything was out in the open. 
    • The traumatic past creeped me out a lot. The woman was so terrifying in her role as the deranged mother. 
    • I loved the scene where Mi-So got jealous of Young-Joon's childhood friend and tried to say more sweet things to him. It was too adorable.
    • I loved that Mi-So's teammates were willing to defend her against other employees when they were badmouthing her for dating Young-Joon. I was glad that it did not become a hindrance to their romance. Mi-So was strong enough to not let it get to her.
    • I loved the scene where Se-Ra, Ji-a, and Mi-So got drank and kept harassing Young-Joon when he came to fetch Mi-So. It was too funny especially their reactions after they realized what they had done in the morning.
    • I loved the ending so much. I enjoy seeing weddings in K-Drama, and this one probably topped it. Young-Joon's proposal to Mi-So was very touching, and you can truly feel the effort he did for her.
    • I loved all of the side romances in this K-Drama. The development of Ji-a and Gwi-Nam's relationship was subtle and adorable. I'm glad that Gwi-Nam finally saw how he could happy and it was with Ji-a. Also, Se-Ra and Cheol's relationship was too cute. I was kind of mad at Se-Ra when she was trying to hide it, but when she almost lost him, she realized what's more important to her. It's funny that their co-workers admitted they knew about their relationship even before she admitted it. 
    • I truly thought that Young-Joon's parents would create another conflict because of his brother. I'm glad that Sung-Yeon was able to clear up the issue and that Young-Joon and Mi-So got their happy ending.
  2. W: Two Worlds Apart (6/10)
    • I did not have much expectation about this K-Drama because most of the people I've asked who has watched this warned me that the ending is not that okay. In the beginning, it gave me the 'Fushigi Yugi' vibe so I quite enjoyed it, but after a while, everything seemed messed up. The plot and the events that transpired was alright. However, there were too many twists and turns. Sometimes there were too much, and it stressed me out a lot. It made the K-Drama more unrealistic than what it should be.
    • I honestly don't understand Yeon-Joo's life decisions. I felt that she was too addicted to Kang-Chul that she was willing to sacrifice her father for him. The trauma she undergoes throughout the whole series should have been enough for her to stop her relationship with Kang Chul. Sure, they were adorable together, but it was not enough to convince me that they should have ended up together. He shot at her, and he shot her father. What more could he do to make her leave him alone? I also felt weird about the fact that the Kang Chul she ended up with was the one with no memory of her. He didn't even know she existed because she made him forget. He just continued the relationship they had based on her memory.  
    • I didn't care much for the characters at all. Most of the things that happened to them just shocked me, but it wasn't enough to break my heart or anything like that.
    • I honestly don't understand how they were able to revive Yeon-Joo. I'm glad that she survived but how?
    • Lee Jong Suk was the only reason I finished this K-Drama. He was too adorable and handsome.
  3. Absolute Boyfriend (7.8/10)
    • I enjoyed watching this K-Drama. It gave me the same feelings as the manga did, and honestly, I think it was better than the manga in some parts. The character of the second lead was much better here because he and the lead character had a deeper history. Also, the meeting between the two lead characters was more coincidental. The interactions between the characters and the development of their relationships were quite fun to watch. Somewhere in the middle, it turned into an emotional rollercoaster because of the events that transpired. I think that they could have lessened the episodes because nothing much happened in some of them. Be ready to spend twenty hours on the twenty episodes it has if you want to watch it.
    • I don't know what to feel about the ending. The ending in the manga broke me, but this one not so much. I don't know if it's because I wasn't that invested in Young-Goo and Da-da's relationship since I know what happens. I did not see the open-ended ending that the creator went for coming. 
    • Diana was such a bitch character. I wanted to cut her head off in most of the scenes she was in. She did not deserve to get a redemption arc. If she wanted to redeem herself, she could have made Kronos Heaven create another heart reactor. 
    • I loved Wang-Joon even though he was problematic in the beginning. I hated that he told the paparazzi that Da-da was a stalker, but in his twisted way, he just wanted to protect her. I'm still mad at him for not telling her about the stalker issue, but the things he did for her throughout the series redeemed himself to me. He was willing to admit he was wrong and protect Da-da even though she did not choose him. I felt sorry for him whenever the fact that Da-da would never return to him was rubbed-in. Also, he was willing to use his name to force Kronos Heaven to give him the heart reactor so Da-da would not cry anymore. Plus, I loved the bond between Wang-Joon and Woong. They were too adorable together. I love their support for each other.
    • How did that stupid A+ Beef sticker survive the whole K-Drama?
    • I cringed so many times because of Young-Goo. I did not like him at all in the beginning because he did so many foolish things, but I've grown to care for him because he genuinely cared for Da-da. The scenes where he dressed up in many ridiculous things was quite funny.
    • I honestly liked Bang Min-ah as Da-da. Her acting was quite good. It was fun seeing her different facial expressions especially when she was annoyed. Although, I did not feel much of her sadness.
    • I shipped Bo-Won and Woong a lot. I did not see that he would pick her over Kyu-Ri, but I'm glad that he did. She was so supportive and protective of him, and I'm pleased that he noticed it. They were too adorable together. The fact that they got married in the end, and it was hinted that she was pregnant was something that made me happy.
    • Bo-Won's care and love for Young-Goo were too precious. It broke his heart to follow what Young-Goo wanted because all that he wanted was for Young-Goo to be happy, but it cost him his life. I'm glad that he dared to take Young-Goo from Kronos Heaven so that would not end up in Diana's hands.
    • It made me so mad when the person who was blackmailing Wang-Joon was revealed. Wang-Joon trusted Eun-Dong so much only to be betrayed because of his greed. It served him right that he lost Wang-Joon.
    • I loved the scene where Young-Goo and Da-da stayed at the park where they were working and had their date. It was such a fun time especially since Young-Goo was able to start most of the rides because of his robotic abilities.
    • The saddest part about this version was how rushed the relationship between Young-Goo and Da-da was. If I remember correctly, in the manga, they were at least able to spend a year together. Here, they were just able to stay for some months.
    • The plot where Diana made another robot that looked like Wang-Joon seemed irrelevant. They could have just removed that subplot along with Diana. She just served as someone that could add more episodes.
    • I hated In-Hyuk. He was such a stupid character. He did not do anything remotely helpful to the story. He did not deserve a redemption arc. He knew that Diana would only do terrible things to the heart reactor, but he still gave it to her.
    • I liked Yoo-Jin. He was so adorable, and I'm glad that he was able to join Bo-Won in his robotics business.
    • Kyu-ri annoyed me on some parts. I like that she cares for Da-da, but sometimes she crossed lines. She pushed Da-da for Wang-Joon even though she was with Young-Goo and she kept imagining that some of the other characters like her. 
    • I liked the part where Young-Goo became Wang-Joon's manager. It was funny to see that Wang-Joon could not complain because Young-Goo was able to bring a famous chef to cook for him. It was too adorable. They were able to establish a bond that was enjoyable to watch.
    • My heart could not handle the scene where Young-Goo's memory returned to him even after being kissed by Diana because Da-da came for him. They finally got together.
    • I like the support that Da-da got from her friends. Even though some were against it at first, they were just thinking of Da-da's happiness. They knew that things could not last and just wanted to protect her from the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...