Tuesday 23 July 2019

| JULY BOOK ADVENTURE PART 1 |

I have finally finished reading the Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare! 

Resulta ng larawan para sa ghosts of the shadowhunter market

WARNING: Some spoilers ahead!
  1. The Lost World by Cassandra Clare (4/5)
    • The story was not as amazing as the other ones. However, it was fascinating to see some of the events that occurred after the timeline of The Dark Artifice. 
    • I liked seeing Ty and how he was adapting in the Scholomance but I did not connect with him and Livvy before so I was not excited to read about their point of view.  The reason I was able to enjoy this story was that Tessa and Jem were a part of it.
    • I liked seeing that Livvy was able to spy at Idris even if she was only able to gather little information. I'm concerned with what the people there are planning. 
    • I was truly scared of Livvy at some points because she was showing some side effects of being a ghost. Her connection with Ty was intriguing but I hated the fact that she almost took Baby Mina's life in exchange for hers.
  2. Forever Fallen (4.5/5)
    • I don't know what to feel about this story. I enjoyed reading about Jem's point of view. It was so fun and full of love. On the other hand, reading about Janus' point of view scared the hell out of me. He was such an intense guy and you don't know what he will do to get what he wants.
    • I felt really bad for Janus because he suffered a terrible fate in his world. He had to see most of his loved ones die at the hands of the person who controlled him. I want him to be happy but not at the cost of Clary and all of the other people that are not from his world. It was not their fault that he had to endure so much pain.
    • It broke my heart to see Janus looking at Alec. He was seeing what his Alec could have been if he hadn't died but I hate him for considering killing Max.
    • It was scary to see Janus interacting with Clary. He was too close to her and she did not notice that it was not Jace. 
    • I don't know what to feel between the Janus and Ash's bond. I'm glad that they have each other to rely on but their bond could ruin many lives. Also, I wonder what Janus would feel when he finds out the descendant of the First Heir is a Herondale. Would it affect his bond with Ash or his plans? 
    • I could not handle my feelings when I found out that Raphael is alive in Thule and that he started a war because of Lily's death. I wish that there was a way they could get him from Thule so that he and Lily could finally tell each other of their feelings and be together.
    • I loved seeing Kit Herondale. He was too wonderful and I love his interactions with Mina. I love how easy he bonded with Tessa and Jem and you could see that he cared for them a lot. I also love Tessa and Kit's game of Read that and Watched That.
    • I love the meaning behind Mina's name. It was too touching and wonderful to read about. Although, her name is quite long. 
    • I loved reading about Jem as a father. He was wonderful to Mina and they were too adorable together. He also treated Kit as a son and I love that he was the one who will teach Kit to be a Shadowhunter.
FAVORITE QUOTES:
"I saw you once, about eight years ago, when you were still... I only got one glimpse, but you seemed so hauntingly sad. And so hauntingly attractive."

"Thank you," said Jem. "I'm very happy now. Your cough seems to be getting worse, Kit. Do you need medicine as well?"

Kit straightened up. "Nope, I'm good. Come on, Brother Hauntingly Attractive."
"There's no need to mention this to Tessa."
"And yet," said Kit, "I'm gonna."

Wilhelmina Yiqiang Ke Carstairs. For their lost Will, the first and only possible name, and wild rose because all of those who Jem loved best grew in beautiful rebellion.

"But- she's so beautiful," Jem said helplessly.
"And where might she get that from? I love you forever, James Carstairs," said Tessa, leaning her dear head against his shoulder. "But you are a fool."

"You're the girl Raphael Santiago started a war for."

Hope made everybody a fool.

"Saw that movie", said Kit.
"Read that book," Tessa shot back.

"We want you to stay, and to know that the choice is entirely yours, and we wanted to show you something. We want you to know there is nothing in this house more precious to us than you."

"My father, my sister, my son. They were all mine. And yet they all wanted you more. Valentine's sweet boy. Clary's golden prince. Ash's guardian angel."

"Isabelle is the love of my life, but her seven-layer dip is like the nine circles of Hell," said Simon.

Memories were like love: wound and cure, both at once.

"I never felt any differently about you in the mundane world than I do when you're right next to me. You're mine."
Ash smiled. "Who else's?"

"If I teach you to be a Shadowhunter, if I teach you to bear runes, it will hurt."
"That's okay," Ash replied. "The old Unseelie King hurt me. My father hurt me. I'm used to it."
"I don't want to hurt you," murmured Janus.
"I know," said Ash. "That's why it's okay."

"Hey, bad cat."
"He's a sweet cat, really," said Jem. "You have to learn how he likes to be petted."
"I know how he likes to be petted," said Kit. "By you and no one else."

"You're getting better," said Jem.
Kit grimaced. "I still get winded easily."
"When I learned to fight, I was dying from slow poison," said Jem. "... And I was, yes, still faster than you."

"Whoever you have loved, and however you loved them," said Jem, "anyone you loved would be lucky."

"Where there is love, Kit," he murmured into the wild gold of his hair, "there is no need for gratitude. And I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...