Wednesday 31 July 2019

| 2019 ANIME ADVENTURE PART 2 |

BEWARE OF SPOILERS! (Don't read all of the bullets)

1. Mob Psycho 100 II (7.8/10)
  • It was still a pretty interesting and enjoyable anime to watch, but I enjoyed the first season more. This one had a more serious tone, and the humor is not as funny. I liked that Mob had more character development and we saw his relationship with his friends develop, but I felt that Reigen's character had regressed.
  • I think that Reigen crossed a line with Mob. He bullied Mob a lot in this season, and I thought it was uncalled for. I'm glad that he came around in the middle of the season, but what he did, in the beginning, was inexcusable.
  • It was sad that no one believed that Mob got a girlfriend. Why wouldn't he? He was adorable. The part where he repaired the Emi's paper was touching. It was sad though that she only tricked him to be her boyfriend because of a bet.
  • It was funny that Mob wasn't affected by the ghost created from imagination and people's fear because he didn't keep up with current issues. They were all shocked.
  • The student who tried to rob Mob was such an unlucky person. It was funny that the members from Mob's Body Improvement Club came to his rescue along with his brother. He could have handled that himself if he only believed more in himself.
  • It was cute seeing Mob's parents and their support for him in the race. It was funny though that they were so shocked when he reached that far. They didn't believe he could do it, but they were proud of him nonetheless.
  • I truly thought that Mob's parents were killed. It was a scene I did not see coming. I'm glad that Sho saved them, but they could have warned Mob about what was happening. I felt devastated for Mob on that part. I'm glad that Dimple convinced Mob that they were alive. Else, just imagine what Mob's rage would do.
  • It was interesting seeing the members of Claw from the first season trying to help Mob defeat the Claw organization, and that Reigen is the one they listened to.
  • The Body Improvement Club members were precious. They truly cared for Mob and seeing them protect Mob was such a touching scene. I'm glad that Dimple helped Goda awaken so that he could protect Mob longer. 
  • I felt scared for Reigen going up against Claw's boss. I'm glad that he wasn't seriously hurt. Mob's rage at him almost getting hurt was alarming. 
  • Toichiro's powers were such a cheat. He was so powerful, but I did not get his intentions at all. He just wanted world domination, but he had no one he cared about. No deep reasoning behind the things he did, so I did not care for him at all.
  • The giant Brocolli, in the end, was funny. It got better when Mob revealed why it occurred.
2. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (8.25/10)
  • Satoru's death was devastating. He just wanted to protect someone. He deserved the reincarnation he had because of how compassionate he is.
  • I truly enjoyed watching this anime. It had such a light tone, and it was not stressful to watch. Nothing important happened throughout this season, but it was great seeing Rimuru build his empire. It was fun to see him create relationships with others. He saved many creatures in that world and gave them home. There were one or two boring episodes, but most of them were quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next season.
  • I like the animation of this anime. Most of the characters were either cute or beautiful. The animation of the fights was impressive.
  • I'm excited to see what the future will hold. Many plots were set up in the first season, and I'm interested to see how they would unfold in the future seasons. I want more interactions with the Demon Lords, and I want to see Rimuru interact with Black. He was such an interesting character to get a glimpse off.
  • I loved Rimuru as a character. He was fun, admirable, and compassionate. He helped everyone who asked for his help. He was quick to think of ways to avoid conflict. He was such a great leader. He was adorable as a slime, and he was so powerful.  
  • Veldora was such a stressful dragon. I don't know what to feel about him. Sometimes I cringed because of his tsundere characteristics. I'm glad that Rimuru became his friend and helped him. Also, I'd like to know more about his past. 
  • I find the story of Shizue quite interesting. I wonder how it would play out in the future. I'm glad that Rimuru was able to give her the rest that she wanted. It was heartbreaking, but it needed to be done. 
  • I love the Ogre/Kirin Squad. They were such amazing characters, and I'm glad that they sided with Rimuru. I love seeing them fight. They were such powerful characters.
  • It was funny seeing Shion and Shuna fight over Rimuru.
  • I loved the scene where Shion tried to feed Rimuru something. He asked the Great Sage for help because it didn't look edible, and the Great Sage's solution was to feed it to Gobta. 
  • It was funny how resilient Gobta was. He was like slime in his way. I'm glad that he became one of the toughest members of Tempest. The best part was that he developed Poison Resistance because of Shion's cooking. Also, they used Shion's cooking as a punishment if he didn't perform well in a fight.
  • Gabiru was such a stupid character. Sure, he was admirable for trying to protect his friends, but it was his fault in the first place. He was so thick-headed. I'm glad that Gobta beat him up. It was funny to see the Kijin trying to ask Rimuru for permission to kill him, and Rimuru trying hard not to let them to. 
  • Milim was such a great ally to have. She was powerful and easy to control. It's funny that her weakness is food.
3. Handa-Kun (5/10)
  • I enjoyed watching Barakamon a lot, so this spin-off was such a disappointment to me. There were many moments that I wanted to slap some of the characters because of how foolish they were acting. I also wanted to slap myself because I decided to finish it. There were good moments, but the annoying moments were greater. There were no character developments only random moments that showed Handa. 
  • Most of the characters here were annoying. They often misread situations and thought of something stupid that is related to Handa. Sure, it worked for Handa's reputation but it was so silly that it made want to bang my head on the wall. 
  • The only relationship I enjoyed was Handa and Kawafuji. You can see that their bond is really special, but I kind of hated Kawafuji on the fact that he did not tell Handa the truth about his reputation. It made Handa not enjoy his school life because he thought everyone disliked him, when in fact, it was the opposite. Handa was such a precious person, and I wished that he saw that rather than relying on what others thought of him.
  • I find it quite funny that Akane Tsutsui looked like a girl before his transmission into looking like a school bully. It was particularly funny since they decided to use him as Juliet because of how he looked before.
  • Handa's mother was too adorable to watch. It was funny that his classmates thought she was his girlfriend because of how young she looked. 
  • The episode where Handa got amnesia was too funny. Everyone wanted to hit his head again just so he could go back to being normal. They could not handle the self-confident Handa.
  • I loved Handa's role in his class' play. It was too funny that they had him dress up as a queen and put a wig on him.
  • I loved the part where a palm reader predicted that Handa would have many children in the future. She thought that it would be his biological children and could not handle the amount. Getting a reference to Barakamon was funny.
4. Persona 5: The Animation (6/10)
  • I honestly did not enjoy this anime at all. I cared about none of the characters, to be honest. They were not interesting at all. I did not see much of their backstories and little character development. I enjoyed the previous Persona plots, but I thought this one was too evil. Why would you send high schoolers to such dangerous missions? Why would they risk their lives? Still, the animation and the fight scenes were impressive. 
  • I thought the new Personas were impressive. I'd like to play them, but PS4 is not a cheap console to buy, so I just decided to watch the anime. It was also lovely to see some of the old Personas. 
  • The cat character kind of annoyed me. I miss Teddie from Persona 4.
  • I thought the villains in this did not deserve to be redeemed. They did such vicious things such as abuse and borderline homicide. 
  • I did not like that they left the ending to be open-ended. The reasoning for all the things was not explained properly. I honestly don't know if I'm going to watch the OVAs because of how this went.
  • I felt devastated that the original voice actor for Igor died. RIP Isamu Tanonaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...