Sunday 30 December 2018

| NEWLY DISCOVERED AUTHORS OF 2018 |

Most of the books I read this year were from authors I've read from before but I did manage to sneak in five new ones this year! Yay for me! That's an achievement for me because recently I've just been reading sequels to books I've followed from before or new releases by authors I know and love. 

Here is the list of my newly discovered authors!
1. Alexandra Bracken
- The only book I read by her is the Prosper Redding one and I enjoyed it. I like her writing. It's fun and easy to read.

2. Michael Scott
- I started the The Secrets of the Immortal Flamel series this year and I enjoyed Michael's writing. It's interesting to read about a world that mashed up the different mythological stuff of different cultures.

3. Sandhya Menon
- I liked Sandhya's writing even though I didn't really love When Dimple Met Rishi. Her writing is easy to read and fun.

4. Adam Silvera
- I only read What If It's Us which is a collaboration between him and Becky Albertalli. Even I had an issue with Ben's character, I still enjoyed his point of view especially when he is joined by Dylan.

5. Roshani Chokshi
- I liked that I found another author who writes about mythology. I found Aru Shah enjoyable and an interesting take on Hindu Myth. Her characters are fun and her writing is easy to read.


Also, shoutout to Colleen Hoover though because I read three book by her this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...