Saturday 26 August 2017

| Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire |


Both girls, through different routes, down different roads, had come home.

PAGES: 124 (Ebook)

SYNOPSIS: A story about Jack and Jill before they came to Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.


RATING: 4.75/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

The Moors is a very interesting place full of danger and interesting creatures. It's very cool to find out that there are other parts of the moor (The Mountains for the Werewolves? and the Sea for the Drowned God? I wonder what happened to children that went in those directions). It's a very diverse world that feels rather creepy and not safe for children to travel to. 

Of course, Jack still remained my favorite character all throughout this book. She and Jill managed to find their respective places in a new place. It was terrible reading about them growing up to such horrible parents. I was able to see them in new light and know more about their relationship. 

I really love this book. Jack was my favorite character in the first book and I was really happy to find out that this book is all about her story with Jill in the Moors. We finally got to see what really happened while they were there and why they were sent back by Dr. Bleak. Seanan McGuire's writing is just really beautiful that I cannot even. It's a very fast paced book that I managed to finish in one day. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that it was pretty short. There were other things that could be added as to what happened to Jack and Jill.



FAVORITE QUOTES: 
Some adventures are cruel, because it is the only way they know to be kind.

Time is the alchemy that turns compassion into love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...