Monday 13 March 2017

| Once She Dreamed Part One by Abbi Glines |


TITLE: Once She Dreamed by Abbi Glines
PAGES: 103 (Ebook)
SERIES: Once She Dreamed #1

SUMMARY: Sammy Jo longs to leave her hometown in Alabama and explore the world. She didn't have a way out until she meets Hale Christopher Jude who offers her a way.

RATING: 3/5

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: I love Abbi Glines however I really didn't love this book. It was alright, the story was simple and entertaining however it didn't have that thing that I usually like about Abbi Glines' book. Compared to her other books, this was 'meh' that's why I only gave it a 3. Nothing much really happened in this book, it was really short. It was more of a set-up for the next one and I keep thinking, 'Why wasn't it just released as a full novel?'. The 103 pages wasn't enough for the full story. Good thing that when I read this, the second part was already released. I liked the bond between the Knox family. Even though their mother was really strict, she had to be because she had many children and she was a single parent. Sammy Jo, Ben, and Jamie's friendship are quite nice to read. Hale Christopher is a character that I'm still not sure about.



FAVORITE QUOTES:
Just remember Sammy Jo, not all fairy tales are real, true or wise. Firstly, they are tales. There's more to a man than his money and what he can gift you with his wallet. It's his heart that matters most. 
Daddy always said it wasn't the destination, but the journey, that's what mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...