Saturday 8 July 2017

| KDRAMA - Blade Man |

SYNOPSIS: Blades started coming out of the back of a man.

RATING: 5/10
NUMBER OF EPISODES: 18
STATUS: COMPLETED

REVIEW
I really had a lot of trouble writing a synopsis for this because the story was all over the place. It had so much potential but it wasn't delivered well. The main reason why I watched this was because of Lee Dong Wook. Maybe if he wasn't the lead character, I would not be able to finish this.

The story was not bad. It was actually pretty okay. It had the typical bad boy-ish character who is going to be cured or helped by a kind and sweet lead girl plot. However, it had a very slow pacing. I actually watched this with 4x speed (the playback function in vlc) just to get through. A lot of other subplot were opened but they weren't really pushed. A lot of confusing details were mentioned but not explained. A lot of random scenes that didn't make sense. A character made an appearance which ruined things for everyone. No justice for the characters and punishment for the villains. More importantly, the blades coming out of Hong Bin made no sense at all. It wasn't explained. It was just there.

The cast and characters were alright. Lee Dong Wook was able to portray Hong Bin really well. Honestly, Hong Bin was adorable but I really wanted to kick him a lot. He had many issues in life, so mean to others, and acted childish a lot. I didn't feel like he had much character development except the parts concerning Chang. He was adorable to Chang and that was one of the parts I liked. I am amazed though that Lee Dong Wook looked much younger in Goblin than in this kdrama even though this was showed in 2014. Shin Se Kyung as Se Dong was alright. She reminded me a lot of Jan Di's bestfriend in Boys Over Flowers. Se Dong was an alright character. She was annoying sometimes though. She acted really sweet and kind and so concerned of others I wanted to kick her sometimes too. I know she had her own backstory and shit it was heartbreaking but ugh. I like her friendship with her friends though. The character I loved the most here is Secretary Ko. He was very loyal, supportive, and caring towards Hong Bin. I loved watching him especially during the parts where he teases Hong Bin. He took care of Hong Bin a lot and was really concerned about his well being.



No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...