Thursday 13 July 2017

| ANIME - Durarara!! |


'Because the world isn't as terrible as you think.'
RATING: 6.3/10
NUMBER OF EPISODES: 25 (First Seasons Only)

SYNOPSIS: It shows how the lives of various characters are connected to an event.

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW:
I really don't think this anime has a legit plot. There were so many subplots mentioned and woven together to make a story which was rather confusing to be honest. There were some episodes that were really boring especially since the anime had a slow pacing. It was interesting enough but it wasn't really that exciting. I managed to watch all the episodes though I probably won't continue the next seasons. I tried but it kind of bored me and now my copy is gone because my HDD is broken so I'm really not motivated to continue it. The main thing that kept me watching was Celty. I was really curious to know more about what happened to her and how she would get what she wanted. Plus, the voice actors for Shinra is the one who dubbed Koro-Sensei while Kida is voiced by Mamoru Miyano!

SPOILERY REVIEW
  • I loved watching Celty and Shinra's relationship develop. Shinra was a cutiepie around Celty. I was really happy when they finally got together. They were adorable together. 
  • I love that the only thing that frightened Celty are the traffic enforcers. Because of her unsafe vehicle, they chased her around. I mean really, if you see something like Celty would you follow it all day to capture it and put it to prison for violating traffic rules? It was ridiculous.
  • The subplot with the incest sister and the creepy and scary brother was very weird. I really didn't like that he ended up with the girl he tried to beat up and only liked her after she had a surgery that made her look like Celty's head. They should have been put to prison for what they did.
  • I loved Shizuo. He was a fun character. Even though he gets angry a lot, his friendship was genuine to people. I love his honest conversations with Celty and how much he loves his brother. I love that he and Izaya always end up fighting and destroying half of the city. 
  • Anri being the true owner of Saika was one of the scenes I liked in this anime. It was amazing and fierce.
  • Saki and Masaomi's relationship was heartbreaking. It was true that Masaomi kind of abandoned Saki in her time of need but I'm that they worked things out.
  • I hate the misunderstanding between Anri, Masaomi, and Mikado. If they were only honest with each other the third main subplot wouldn't be necessary. Masaomi would not have needed to come back to the Yellow Scarves.
  • There were three main subplots but I thought that the first and last one seemed unncessary. I really did not feel much for it and found it bothersome. The second one with the Saika was pretty interesting and gruesome to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...