Saturday 29 July 2017

| Because of Lila by Abbi Glines |

I knew what heartbreak felt like. It was never easy. It destroyed you. Pulling yourself together afterward took strength.

PAGES: 195 (Ebook)

SYNOPSIS: Lila Kate Carter decided to go in an adventure. She goes to Sea Breeze where she meets Eli Hardy. 


RATING: 2.8/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

First of all, I love Abbi Glines. I have read most of her books and loved it except for the recent ones. I really thought that this book was going to be better than Like a Memory. It started really well. I was enjoying it. However, it still ended up sucking. It's a good thing that I wasn't expecting much because I really disliked 'Like a Memory'. It was still a short read and Abbi Glines' writing is still beautiful but the story was a disappointment. This was nothing compared to her previous works. I didn't love the lead male and female characters. They made stupid choices that got annoying at some point. I expected more from Grant and Harlow's daughter. Eli deserved more. Plus, the twist just annoyed me. Although, I love the fact though that the previous characters were mentioned and shown here more. Rush, Grant, Harlow, Della, Kiro, Nan, Mase, Reese, and Woods made an appearance which was fun because I missed them. That redeemed the book a little for me.



FAVORITE QUOTES: 
"Oh, yes. My mother is feminine, beautiful, and a complete badass."

"I don't want to just be the beginning of your adventure Lila. I want to be the end."

Everything seemed brighter when you woke up to the smell of bacon. 

Because Della, I'm afraid we will be dealing with more legal issues when you see Kelsey. The videos will be discussed and I don't trust you not to attack the woman."
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...