Friday 24 March 2017

| Like a Memory by Abbi Glines |

PAGES: 171 (Ebook)

SYNOPSIS: Bliss York and Nate Finlay fell in love with each other when they were young. However, due to circumstances, they fell apart. Seven years later, they meet again.


RATING: 2.5/5


NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 

I expected much from this book because it's a combination of the characters from Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach and I love both of those series. I love Abbi Glines and most of her previous books so I was really saddened by the fact that this book felt so wrong. I was really disappointed. There were parts I liked in the beginning especially since there were mentions of other characters from the Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach series but there were no meaningful thing that happened to them. They were just mentioned. Nothing on what happened since the previous books. I hated how the lead characters' romance were developed. Sure, they had a past but it wasn't really described much so you can't exactly ship them so much because of that. With everything that happened in the current time, it's annoying that they got together. I mean, Octavia existed for heaven's sake. I really disliked the twist. I wanted to throw my phone away (since I was reading in my phone) after reading the book because of that. Plus, there are so many characters mentioned that I had trouble keeping track of who's who. The legit ending was all right but god I'm really disappointed. I hope that if there are more books for this series in the future, it won't be like this one. 



FAVORITE QUOTES: 
Life was special. No matter how hard it got it could get better. You had to trust that. 
Life wasn't easy. Love wasn't easy. Not the real thing anyway. The real thing hurt like hell and gave you the best moments of your life. 
I wanted all this with her. The works. Every complicated beautiful moment of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...