Monday 13 March 2017

| JANUARY 2017 ANIME RECAP |

1. FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart."
Rating: 8.5/10
Number of Episodes: 64
Status: Completed

Synopsis: Edward and Alphonse Elric goes on a quest in order to find a way to bring Alphonse's body back and Edward's body parts which they lost when tried to bring their dead mother back to life.
Non-Spoilery Review: Many people had been bugging me to watch this for a while now. I kept procrastinating because it had 64 episodes. However, let me tell you it's worth it. FMA is an amazing anime. The bonds between the different characters are entertaining and heartwarming to watch. There are fun scenes and heartbreaking scenes all throughout the anime which will break your heart and make you smile. The story is amazing and the twists and turns introduced is great. Many of the characters are interesting to watch even the enemies. Some enemies will give you conflicting feelings because they have their inner issues. It's fun to see some of the powers of the different alchemist though I would've liked it more if it were explored more. Plus, the fighting scenes are amazing. It gave a satisfying ending that will make the hours you spend on it worth it.



2. SUPER GALS!

Rating: 7/10
Number of Episodes: 52
Status: Completed
Synopsis: Ran Kotobuki is the self-proclaimed "world's greatest gal." As a teenager in Shibuya, she is determined to live out the gal lifestyle for the rest of her life, and she has gained a reputation as the most respected gal in all of Shibuya. However, she comes from a family of police officers—her grandparents, her parents, and her older brother are all officers, and her younger sister is set on following in their footsteps. Ran has other dreams for her future, but as frequently shown, she has acquired the family's sense of justice and spirit. Her two friends, Miyu and Aya, also have their own problems and circumstances. (Wikipedia)
Non-Spoilery Review: I remember watching this when I was in elementary. Me and my bestfriends during that time loved pretending we were the three main characters from this anime. I decided to finally download it and watch it this year. There really isn't a plot to this anime - it just follows the three main character. It was just an easy and fun thing to watch. I would suggest you watch this if you just want something light to ease your mood. Ran is a great character even though she's quite lazy and doesn't study, she's the idol of most people in Shibuya. She gets their respect through the deeds she does - helping others and protecting the ones in trouble from bad people. Her bestfriends, Miyu and Aya are there to help her. Miyu used to be a rebel who stopped after she became friends with Ran and her brother. She lives a hard life due to the fact that her mother doesn't really care about her. Aya used to be focused on her academics and didn't really enjoy her life. Meeting Ran and becoming friends with her made Aya stronger and more confident about herself. Through the various episodes, other characters are introduced. They helped progress the anime and some gave the main characters a love life. Rei used to be one of the characters I really loved when I was young due to the fact that he was handsome. However when I watched the whole anime there were times that I was annoyed at him. Yuya is one of the most adorable characters in the anime because he was there to support the others. I'm happy that he got his happy ending in the end. I really didn't like who Ran ended up with even though he was a nice character. There are also other characters who I really didn't like. They were sort of annoying and I would like to kick them. I was let down by the fact that the anime didn't follow the manga. So in the future, I probably should read the manga. The ending wasn't enough for me because it wasn't really an ending? Like some animes it was just there to sort of end the run of the anime and not the whole story. In addition to that, I really like the theme songs of this anime. The opening is fun and cheerful to listen to while the ending is more serious and kind of heartbreaking if you translate it to English. Overall, Super GALS! is an interesting anime that gives you feels at some points and entertains you. It's a nice watch.


"They call you Second Place and stuff, but you've totally got first place in my heart." 
"Somewhere along the way, it became natural for you to be by my side and I didn't even realize I'd fallen in love with you long ago. Just like how you called me "First Place", you're the most important person to me now, too."

3. DEATH PARADE

I'm sure it's not wrong for people to want to understand each other. And even if it is, I want us to understand each other.

I say... that people do not live just so that they can someday die. It is because they are alive that they someday die. There is no point to living. The same goes for judgment. Judgment must be performed hand in hand with both life and death. It is something that must be performed hand in hand with humans.

Life really is a mysterious thing. Each and every life spins its own, totally separate tale, yet they become intricately entwined in each other. And no one knows how they will end up.

Rating: 6/10
Number of Episodes: 12
Status: Completed
Synopsis: Two souls are sent to a bar where the bartender, an arbiter, acts as the judge whether the souls would go to reincarnation or to the void.
Non-Spoilery Review: I don't really know what to feel about this anime. The concept was really interesting however I wasn't really amazed. Maybe it was because there wasn't enough episodes. It was a fast watch so I wasn't really bothered. It's sad that there's no manga because I kind of wanted more. There wasn't enough closure to the anime and it could've been explored more (I don't know maybe there's a plan to add more episodes?). It's interesting enough to watch because of some of the cases of the souls. There are some that aren't really that easy to judge especially in a human perspective. Humans tend to the things based on their emotions even if it is not their true nature. Seeing as the arbiter isn't human he couldn't have possibly understood that. Decim and Chiyuki's interaction are cute and touching especially at the end. I like them both. I don't get Nona's deal at all though. The concept and where it could go is really intriguing so I want more episodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...