Monday 13 March 2017

| It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover |

TITLE: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

PAGES: 275 (Ebook)

SYNOPSIS: Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most. (Goodreads)

RATING: 5/5

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: I had mixed feelings about this book before I read it. I have trouble reading Colleen Hoover's books because I have a love-hate relationship with them. I usually love the first half of her book then hate the second half however with this book, I loved all of it. This book was heartbreaking. The topic it discussed was really hard to read about. You'll know more about that topic and the point of view of those who experience it from this book. You'll see that it's not easy for those people who experience it. It's hard to read about because it'll make you cry. I think I cried about three or four times. There are still some good things about this book - the love story between the lead characters are cute and adorable. Their relationship with each other are fun and interesting to read. I couldn't stop thinking how things would go down because that usually happens in Colleen Hoover's books. Allysa - the main character's employee and bestfriend - is a very fun and supportive character to read about. She's very adorable and lovable and it's a good thing she's a major character. Her relationship with Marshall was another fun point of this book. I love reading about them. Lily is an amazing and strong character. Ryle had his issues but overall he was alright. Atlas is a wonderful character. Overall, it's a very amazing book. Knowing the reason behind the title will break your heart and probably make you cry (like I did). I have too many thoughts on this in the spoiler section.



FAVORITE QUOTES:
"So what's your middle name, Lily Bloom?"I groan, which makes him perk up."You mean it gets worse?"I drop my head in my hands and nod."Rose?"I shake my head. "Worse.""Violet?""I wish." I cringe and then mutter, "Blossom."There's a moment of silence. "Goddamn," he says softly."Yeah. Blossom is my mother's maiden name and my parents thought it was fate that their last names were synonyms. So of course when they had me, a flower was their first choice.""Your parents must be real assholes. 
"I feel like everyone fakes who they really are, when deep down we're all equal amounts of screwed up. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others." 
"There is no such thing as bad people. We're all just people who sometimes do bad things." 
All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses. 
Life is a funny thing. We only get so many years to live it, so we have to do everything we can to make sure those years are as full as they can be. We shouldn't waste time on things that might happen someday, or maybe even never. 
"Mother," Ryle says. "Meet Lily. My blasphemous whore."Oh dear God. 
For better, for worse? Fuck.That.Shit. 
"In the future... if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again... fall in love with me." 
"Just because someone hurts you doesn't mean you can simply stop loving them. It's not a person's actions that hurt the most. It's the love. If there was no love attached to the action, the pain would be a little easier to bear."
"The day you gave your father's eulogy? I know you didn't freeze up, Lily. You stood at that podium and refused to say a single good thing about that man. It was the proudest I have ever been of you. You were the only one in my life who ever stood up for me. You were strong when I was scared." 
He brings his mouth to my ear, and in a whisper, he says, "You can stop swimming now, Lily. We finally reached the shore."

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...