Monday 4 June 2018

| MOVIE - The Limehouse Golem |


THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM


"Who knows what any man is capable of? We all wear pantomime masks, do we not?"

SYNOPSIS: A detective tries to find a serial killer while trying to free a woman accused of murdering her own husband.
RATING: 7.5/10
REVIEW: 
  • I found the cinematography creepy, gruesome, dark, and amazing. It reminded me of Sweeney Todd.
  • Plot-wise, it wasn't awesome but it was alright. I think something doesn't quite match the synopsis that was given though.
  • The pacing was quite slow so it got kind of boring. Still, I was intrigued as to how things would unfold. 
  • I really didn't expect the twist to come or maybe I really didn't think that there would be one.
  • I like the short musical parts. It kind of reminded me of Sweeney Todd and Les Miserables.
  • The cast was amazing in their performances especially Douglas Booth as Leno. I love him and his scenes. It was weird but really amazing.

SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: Sure, if you want something mysterious and dark (but does have a bit of a slow pacing).
WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: Probably not unless someone invited me to watch it with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...