Saturday 13 June 2020

| ANIME - Ore Monogatari |


Ore Monogatari!! (2015)
SYNOPSIS: A story about Takeo Goda who doesn't have much luck with women because they all fall for his best friend. That is until he meets, Rinko Yamato.

GENRE: Romance, Comedy
NUMBER OF EPISODES: 24
RATING: 7/10
I like this anime. It has a simple plot, but it's fun to watch. It's lovely to see Goda and Rinko's relationship develop. They were adorable together. Their romance is so pure and fresh. I also love Goda and Makoto's bromance. They supported and took care of each other a lot, and it was pleasing to see.

The issues I had were: I thought 24 episodes were a lot for this anime, and I didn't care much for some of the side characters. They weren't that interesting and some were even annoying. Most of them had character development, though.
 

WARNING: SPOILERS!

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND REACTIONS
  • My favorite character is Makoto. He was such a kind and pure character. He helped and supported Goda a lot. He was genuinely happy for Rinko and Goda's relationship.
  • I love Makoto and Goda's friendship. They were adorable together. They've been through a lot and you can see that they care about each other a lot. Honestly, Goda would have been in a lot of accidents if Makoto wasn't there to guide him when he was lost in his thoughts.
  • I love Goda and Rinko's relationship. They found it hard to express their feelings and thoughts, but you can see how hard they tried. they used each other as inspiration to do better in their studies and goals. 
  • I love that Rinko and Goda included Makoto in most of their activities. They tried to make him feel like he wasn't a third-wheel. It's funny when Makoto question why he is there in the first place. 
  • I'm glad that Goda exercises because, with the number of food that Rinko kept feeding him, he'll get unhealthy real fast.
  • I hated that Yamato's friends talked smacked behind Goda's back when they first met him. I'm glad that they managed to see why Yamato likes him so much.
  • My heart broke for Rinko when Goda got stuck in the fire. I'm glad that Makoto was there to motivate him to escape the fire.
  • I know that Ai is coming from a good place, and she just wanted to be sure that Goda wasn't being tricked, but did she had to insult him? 
  • It's funny that Rinko thought that physical intimacy like cuddles and holding hands were impure things.
  • Goda's baby sister is so cute. She was so chubby. I wanted to pinch her.
  • I dislike Ichinose. He assumed that Rinko should be with him just because they like the same things. Rinko has a boyfriend for heaven's sake! I'm glad that he respected Rinko's feelings in the end.
  • I felt sad that Goda had an inferiority complex towards Ichinose. It's normal in a relationship to think that the person is not for you, but it's still sad.
  • I felt bad for Mariya because she liked Goda. She didn't stand a chance because Goda loves Rinko. 
  • I had mixed feelings about Osamu and Nanako's relationship. They were great together, but I wanted to hit Osamu when he said the wrong things to Nanako. I get that its nerves, but damn that was painful.
  • I felt bad for Yukika. She liked Makoto, but he wasn't interested in a relationship. I'm glad that she has fond memories of him though. He even kept her anonymous letters. Although, it was creepy when she admitted that she stalked him.
  • MY FAVORITE / FUNNY SCENES:
    • Makoto told Goda that he rejected the girls that liked him before because they insulted Goda.
    • The first time that Goda and Rinko tried to hold hands.
    • Goda tried to practice kissing with Makoto.
    • Goda planned Rinko's birthday celebration with Makoto. Also, they remembered each other's birthday.
    • Goda and Rinko decided to stay with Makoto during his father's operation instead of continuing their date.
    • Goda and Rinko thought that it would be good to find a girl for Makoto that's like Goda (and they thought physically).
    • Rinko's friends gave her an alibi when Rinko didn't come home after her date with Goda. Her response to their question of how was the overnight was so inappropriate and funny.
    • Makoto and Goda tried to make Mariya lean on their shoulder when she twisted her ankle.
    • Goda and Goda's father tried to stop Goda's mother from doing chores and extra-curricular activities because she was pregnant.
    • Rinko asked if Makoto has even kissed someone, and he recalls when Goda practiced on him.
    • Rinko and Goda prepared a birthday cake for Makoto.
    • Rinko kissed Goda during his birthday, and he thought an insect landed on his lips. Goda was such an idiot there.

SUMMARY OF EVENTS
  1. Goda saved Rinko and she fell for him. However, he thought that Rinko liked Makoto.
  2. Makoto helped Rinko and Goda get together by tricking Rinko into confessing while Goda hid.
  3. Goda meets Rinko's friends.
  4. Goda and Rinko's relationship develops - intimacy issues, judo practice, beach, same college, first Kiss during Goda's birthday, chocolate during Valentine's, Goda calls Rinko by her first name. 
  5. Makoto's father underwent surgery on Rinko's birthday. Goda and Rinko decide to stay with Makoto instead of going on their date.
  6. Goda and Rinko get stuck in the mountains overnight.
  7. Takeo and Rinko surprised Makoto with a birthday celebration.
  8. Hayato arrives to confess to Makoto's sister, Ai.
  9. Takeo starts training Mariya Saijou. Mariya confessed to him.
  10. Osamu and Nanako get together during the Christmas Party.
  11. Goda's mom gave birth to a baby girl.
  12. Yukika confessed to Makoto, but he didn't feel the same way.
  13. Ichinose tried to steal Rinko from Goda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...