Monday 25 May 2020

| ANIME - Konohana Kitan |

SYNOPSIS: A story about a fox girl who started working at Konohanatei and her interactions with the people there.

RATING: 7.5/10
I enjoyed watching this even though there wasn't much story in it. It was more of a feel-good anime.  It was interesting to see the characters develop as they interact with the different people that went to Konohanatei. They learned some lessons about life. Most of the relationships were quite adorable. I like that there are episodes that had different parts and characters, but they would interconnect by the end. The twists were wonderful to see.

Also, I loved the animation. All of the characters were so cute. The sceneries looked so beautiful, especially the flowers. 


SOME SPOILERS AHEAD


CHARACTERS:

  • YUZU: I love her. She was quite a klutz and an airhead at times, but her development was very lovely. Her carefree nature was very charming. She could see the good in most situations and she's honest to a fault.
  • SATSUKI: I love her. She was quite strict in the beginning, but you could see that she cares for other people. She learned how to show herself more through the people she interacted with.
  • KIRI: I like her. Her witty manipulation and teasing of her co-workers were funny. Also, she was savage as fuck.
  • SAKURA: She was so cute, but she's the one I liked the least. There wasn't any backstory with her. It was like she was just there to be cute.
  • OKAMI: It was funny to see Okami's real appearance. Everyone (except Kiri) was shocked to see her human-ish form. It's particularly funny because she claims it was just because of make-up. 

RELATIONSHIPS
  • SATSUKI AND YUZU: Their relationship was so pure. I shipped them together, but I'm still happy even if they are just friends. I love that Satsuki began to loosen up and enjoy life more because of Yuzu. 
  • SATSUKI AND HIIRAGI: Their relationship was interesting, but I wish that they were more honest with each other so that they had a better relationship. They didn't know that each one envies another.
  • NATSUME AND REN: They were quite adorable together, and I wish that they would tell each other how they feel. Natsume's care for Ren was very touching to see. It's funny to see Ren get jealous.
  • SAKURA AND KIRI: They were adorable together. They are like mother-daughter. 


FAVORITES, REACTIONS AND RANDOM THOUGHTS:


  • I love the episode where Okami and Natsume defended Ren from the guy who harassed her. I mean, she beat the guy up herself, but it was lovely to see the support she got. 
  • I love the episode where Ren and Natsume went to the festival. It was adorable to see that Natsume always noticed Ren during the festival. She was observant and even carried Ren when she was in pain. It was lovely to see that they got to see the fireworks during that year.
  • My favorite episode is episode 8. First of all, we got to see Yuzu mad. Second, Kiri was savage as fuck. Lastly, the interconnection between the characters that were introduced here was so beautiful.
  • The episode with the turtle was so funny! I love that Natsume and Kiri kept threatening to cook him. He was kind of an idiot so I'm glad he ran away.
  • I love that the last episode implied that Yuzu was the reason why Konohanatei was created. She wandered into the past and introduced the thought of creating an inn for creatures to relax in. 
  • It was sad that Okiku never got to be played with, but you can't blame the family because she did look scary. It was funny to see Ren's make-over of her. It didn't look anything like her. I'm happy that she found a place to belong to in the end. I love her bond with Urinosuke.
  • I don't know why Sakura kept chasing Okiku with scissors! It was funny, but I felt bad for Okiku. She was so scared of Sakura.
  • I love that Yuzu helped the ghost realize her worth. She was able to move on to the afterlife happy. It also made me happy when she returned the favor and helped Yuzu get back home.
  • I'm still curious as to where Urinosuke came from. He was so cute. I love seeing him take the nightmares that some of them had. 
  • I still can't get over the fact that Aoi is a boy. He looked so like a girl, but Natsume's a girl, so there's that.
  • I wish that more gods appeared and shared their stories.
  • I'm still confused as to where Konohanatei is. Is it in the afterlife? Somewhere in limbo? I'm confused because there are different creatures there are sometimes that are also humans. How did they get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...