Saturday 26 September 2020

| MOVIE - Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn |

Rosie Perez, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Margot Robbie, and Ella Jay Basco in Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2020)
SYNOPSIS: After breaking up with Joker, Harley Quinn becomes entangled with a young thief and a crime lord.

GENRE: Superhero, Action, Comedy
RATING: 7.8/10
I enjoyed this a lot. The story wasn't anything new, to be honest, but it was such a fun watch. The dialogues are hilarious, and the bonds that developed between the characters were adorable. I like that it became a team of superhero women, yet it wasn't in your face with the female empowerment. I love the bond that they were able to develop. Also, the action scenes were awesome. It's one of the rare DC movies that I enjoyed. It's much better than the Suicide Squad. I really love Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn, and all of her costumes.
    SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: Yes. It was simple and fun to watch. Just don't have any high expectations. Enjoy it for what it is.
      WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: I've watched this at least three times now.

      WARNING: SPOILERS!

      • The most heartbreaking thing here is when Harley dropped her breakfast sandwich. That thing was very appetizing as fuck.

      • I was very devastated when Doc sold her out. I thought that had a special bond.

      • I love that she had a pet hyena, and she treated that like a dog. 

      • Roman Sionis is such a useless villain. Victor was more of a villain than him. Still, they were both stupid. I feel like they wasted Ewan McGregor's talents.

      • I love Dinah. She's amazing, and she saved Harley when she was drunk. I was surprised that she was hiding such a strong skill. 

      • I disliked the detective character. It just seems like she's there to push around people.

      • The Huntress was such an awkward character, and I loved it. She was an amazing fighter, yet when it comes to talking to others, she doesn't really know how to.

      • I love the bond that developed between Cassandra and Harley. It was wholesome, even though Harley almost sold Cassandra to survive. At least she had a character development when she didn't go through with it.

      • I love the fight scene in the park. It was such a great moment that displayed their different skills and attacks.

      • The scene where Harley followed Sionis using roller skates was stupid but hilarious. Also, the way he was defeated. Like, could you be any more useless?

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      | BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

      I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...