Wednesday 30 September 2020

| MOVIE - Bad Boys for Life |


SYNOPSIS: Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett become entangled in a case that's connected to Marcus' past.

GENRE: Action, Comedy
RATING: 5.8/10
It was still entertaining to watch. The actions were okay, but it wasn't like what it was before. It lacked the feeling that the original Bad Boys movie had. The story didn't feel original, and it felt like they just forced that storyline to get another sequel. I didn't care about the bad guys, and the sudden changes in their personality didn't help anything. The only highlight of this was that we get to see Marcus and Mike together again. The humor was still there. However, the other addition to the cast kind of annoyed me. I don't think they were necessary. 
    SHOULD YOU WATCH IT: Just for the laughs.
    WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: Once was enough.

    WARNING: SPOILERS!

    • I hated that they killed Captain Howard. There wasn't any real reason behind that except to motivate Marcus. He didn't even need that. He was plenty motivated on his own. Sure, there was a bad guy, and he liked killing people, but it didn't feel justified. 
    • The twist where the bad guy was Mike's son wasn't surprising. It's a predictable thing that has been used too much as a twist. Also, it seemed out character for the bad guy to just suddenly decide to protect Marcus. He should have been in more shock or something. 
    • Isabel was one psycho character. She only used her son to get revenge. 
    • I got annoyed that Charles Melton is here. I still can't over the fact that he replaced Ross Butler as Reggie in Riverdale. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    | BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

    I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...