Wednesday 27 May 2020

| MOVIE - Last Christmas |

Emma Thompson, Michelle Yeoh, George Michael, Wham!, Amit Shah, Maxim Baldry, Jade Anouka, Margaret Clunie, Emilia Clarke, Bryony Kimmings, and Henry Golding in Last Christmas (2019)
SYNOPSIS: A story about a woman who kind of resented life and how she found a reason to enjoy it again.

RATING: 7.25/10
The story wasn't anything new, but it was still enjoyable to watch. I did not expect where it was going to go (probably because I didn't analyze most of the events), but the ride was fun. I love watching Kate enjoy her life again. The bonds that she developed were lovely to see. I love the chemistry between Henry Golding and Emilia Clarke. They were adorable together. 
WARNING: You'll get the song 'Last Christmas' stuck on your head for a while.
  • SHOULD YOU WATCH IT?
    • If you want something that is good for the heart.
  • WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: 
    • I might. If I wanted to see Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding together again.

WARNING: SPOILERS!

  • I wish that Tom and Kate ended up together. Tom was able to help her realize how to appreciate life, and I love that. I'm glad that she used Tom's as a motivation to stop being resentful of life. Even if he wasn't there, she still pushed to be the happy-go-lucky person she once was. 
  • It's funny when you realize that the lyrics of 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart' is literally what happened in the movie. Tom literally gave her his heart.
  • It's somewhat disturbing though that she can see Tom, but hey, we can think about it in a light tone that Tom was just there to make her appreciate the heart she was given since it was his.
  • I love how "Santa" didn't fire Kate from her job even though she was an ass in the beginning. She was right in keeping that faith in Kate, though. 
  • I love that "Santa" found someone who loves Christmas as much as she does. They were adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...