Wednesday 27 May 2020

| MOVIE - The Room |

Olga Kurylenko in The Room (2019)
SYNOPSIS: A story about a couple who moved into a house that has a room where your desires would come true.

RATING: 7/10
I like the concept of the film. It was intriguing to watch. I liked that it showed how the material things they desired didn't satisfy them. For me, there are more things that we need in life than material things. Most of the things that happened to the couple were fucked-up in an interesting-to-watch way. It reminded me of the movie Splice. I felt bad for Kate most of the time. The thing that was lacking was that there wasn't any backstory to the room. I wish we could have found out how it worked. 
  • SHOULD YOU WATCH IT?
    • If you want something that will make you say, 'What the fuck?', then yes.
  • WOULD I WATCH IT AGAIN: 
    • If someone invited me to watch it with them, I might. However, on my own, once was enough. 

WARNING: SPOILERS!

  • I felt sad for Kate. She just wanted a child, and the house gave her a psychotic one. Well, if you were in Shane's position, you might become psychotic too. Being stuck in a house with a man who treated you like something that shouldn't exist. Still, you wouldn't probably rape the woman who tried to raise you. I feel like Matt was to blame, though. If only he had treated Shane better. I get that he couldn't accept Shane as his child because Shane wasn't a human being, but even if he didn't love the guy, he should've treated him as a human being. Probably the abuse was the reason why Shane was so fucked up. 
  • The ending was fucked up. It reminded me of the first season of American Horror Story. I wish that the child is Matt's, though. It's creepy to think about the child being Shane's. The implication of that was something I did not want to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...