Saturday 24 October 2020

| MANGA - Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 197 |

Hey! I wanted to start a new type of post where I react to the current chapter of manga or things I watch/read. Maybe it will help me get motivated to post reviews again. Comment if you think it's better if I make a video telling my thoughts rather than typing it. Follow me at rAikY gAmeRiNg on Youtube!

I started at this chapter of AnY because this is the chapter I'm currently at. I was planning to do this earlier when I started reading AnY, but I was unmotivated. Let's start now. Warning! There will be spoilers up ahead. If you haven't read this chapter, don't continue reading.

First of all, look at how precious Ao and Shin-Ah are.

I honestly forgot that Yona was reading Yonhi's diary and that's why we had a flashback of the past events.


It's devastating to know about the behind the scene events. Both Il and Yon-hi knew what would happen, yet there was no warning to Yona. Il just accepted his fate as a placeholder for the Crimson Dragon King. I'm glad that Il did find someone to stay by Yona's side. Knowing why he allowed Hak to be with her was something precious. 

I'm still confused about why Il killed Yu-Hon (my brain cells are not working properly). Is it because he thinks that Yu-Hon killed Kashi? However, we never had any confirmation that Yu-Hon did kill her. I mean, it can be implied, but it's too important a detail to not state. I think it would be revealed somewhere that someone else killed her, or she's still alive? I'm not sure. Did they see a body? We have no actual knowledge of what happened. 

The other reason he stated was that Yu-Hon should never be king which I agree with. It's just terrible that he had to kill his brother for that. I think Yu-Hon would end up being a tyrant if he became the king, so it's better for Kouka. 

I'm honestly torn now. Before, I wasn't so against Soo-Won, but knowing that he's been planning this since he was young, I don't know. That's messed up. The murder was already on his mind at a young age. It's devastating that even his mother is scared of him, but in all honesty, who wouldn't be? Were all his actions towards Yona just an act? I'm so confused now.

On a side note, I'm happy that the flashback part is already finished! We get to see Yona and the gang again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...