Friday 26 July 2019

| APRIL & MAY K-DRAMA ADVENTURE |

BEWARE OF SOME SPOILERS!

  1. Touch Your Heart (6/10)
    • I enjoyed the first few episodes of this K-Drama. It was fun. Seeing Lee Dong-Wook and Yoo In-Na together again made me happy. The happiness did not last because of the plot or lack thereof. Their adorableness was not enough to sustain the whole K-Drama.
    • This should have never reached episode sixteen. It could have ended by episode twelve because they showed the "villain" there and captured him back easily.  Nothing much happened after episode twelve. 
    • I hated the ending. They followed the typical the lead characters have to break up for some random reason just for them to be separated for a while format. In their case, it is kind of understandable but it still annoyed the hell out of me. 
    • I enjoyed the first few cases that Jung-Rok and Yoon-Seo worked on. The one with the guy stalking a girl creeped me out a lot especially the scene where it was shown that he was hiding under the girl's bed.
    • I did not like any of the side romances here. Some were fun characters, but they lacked chemistry. I did not enjoy seeing them at all.
    • I like the friendship between Jung-Rok and Se-Won. They were fun together. I also enjoyed seeing Jung-Rok and Joon-Kyu's friendship.
  2. My Girl (8.5/10)
    • I enjoyed watching this K-Drama. It was fun, especially in the beginning. Things took a turn for the worse somewhere in the middle. The plot was very intriguing but at the same time, it was very heartbreaking. I was like, 'Can't they just be happy?'.
    • The ending was okay because everything worked out for the best, but I wish that Gong-chan and Yoo-rin were given more scenes together to show their relationship without anyone or anything hindering it.
    • I enjoyed watching the side romances between Yoo-rin's friend and Gong-chan's secretary and In-sun and Il-do. The development of their relationship was very entertaining to watch. The baby at the end was also too cute.
    • The tangerine episode is still the best. It made me laugh a lot (though it stressed me a lot too). 
    • I get very stressed out whenever Gong-chan or Yoo-rin imagines a weird scenario. It was funny but also very ridiculous.
    • I loved Lee Dong-Wok's acting here. This is the first time I saw him in a character that had too many emotions - sadness, happiness, anger, etc. Most of the characters I saw hin play before were too serious. I love seeing his different facial expressions. It was too adorable. It made me appreciate him more.
    • Yoo-Rin did so many mischievous things. I was not sure what to feel. It was very funny but also very stressful because you don't know if she'll get in trouble for the things she's doing. 
    • Lee Joon-Gi's dedication to Yoo-Rin was both admirable and stupid. I liked that he always stayed by her side, but everyone can see that she will never pick him. Still, I liked their friendship.
    • I felt really bad for Gong-chan's grandfather. Sure, they lied to him to lessen his burden but it was hard for him when he found out the truth. He truly did love Yoo-rin and finding out their deceit was not easy for him. You can tell that he didn't want to lose his love for Yoo-rin but at the same time, he was really angry.
    • Yoo-rin's father makes me mad a lot. He left her alone and she got chased by the loan sharks. Sure, he came back, but he still sucked as a father. The only thing he did that was right was saving Ha-na.
    • Se-hyun was such an irritating character. She did so many shitty things to the lead characters just because she couldn't get what she wants. It was her fault for leaving Gong-chan, but she couldn't get over the fact that he fell for someone else. I hated that she ruined their relationship many times.
  3. Signal (9.5/10)
    • I loved watching this K-Drama. I'm not usually fond of K-Drama's without much romance but this one I enjoyed a lot. The plot was very intriguing. It had too many twists and turns. You cannot predict what will happen next and even if you can, there is still something that will happen next that you will not see coming. Also, most of the things are heartbreaking to watch so prepare yourself. 
    • I don't know the majority of the cast of this K-Drama, but I enjoyed their acting a lot. You'll feel their care for each other and their heartbreak when things didn't work out. 
    • I still don't know what I feel about the ending. It certainly cleared up most of the holes but since it is kind of open-ended, you'll hope that there is a sequel.
    • It was funny that most of Soo-Hyun's officemate supported her crush on Jae-Han. It was more fun because Jae-Han was too oblivious as to how she felt, but he supported her a lot.
    • The cases that resulted in great changes was very entertaining to watch. You would not think that it would result in such drastic changes. My feelings cannot handle the connection between Jae-Han and Hae-Young.
    • I cannot handle the change in the character of Jang Hyun-Sung in this K-Drama. I hated him a lot here. He was so convincing in his role as the villain that it pissed me off.
    • The twist when Chi-Soo finally told him the truth pissed me off. Hae-Young finally found a clue and then lost it immediately. 
    • I did not see the twist in the end coming. I believed that Jae-Han was alive, but I did not think to that extent. I am amazed that he also had the things they needed to finish the biggest case.
    • The two things that broke my heart a lot was when the daughter of one of Jae-Han's friend died and when Soo-Hyun also died. I did not see those two coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...