Wednesday 28 June 2017

| #T5W - Favorite "Unlikeable" Protagonists |

Top 5 Wednesday is group that was created by Lainey and is currently hosted by Samantha. A topic is posted every month wherein if you want to, you can post about your top 5 picks for said topics.

The topic for June 21st is "Favorite 'Unlikeable' Protagonists" which refers to the unlikeable characters you pulled for. 
WARNING: Spoilers at some parts of the reasons!
  1. JAIME LANNISTER FROM GAME OF THRONES: Jamie really did some very terrible things all throughout the series. He wasn't necessarily evil but he did very selfish things and hurt many people for the sake of the people that he cares for. However, at some point, I grew fond of him. When he was with Brienne, he became a less terrible person and I grew to like him. I really felt bad for him during the events that happened during the sixth season. I hope he survives but then again, everyone will probably die in game of thrones.
  2. EADLYN SCHREAVE FROM THE SELECTION BY KIERA CASS: I think many people didn't continue The Selection because of Eadlyn. Sure, she was quite annoying at first especially since she was so stubborn and spoiled. She didn't care about what the other people think of her much less what they feel. However, during the latter half of her first book and the second book, she had a great character development. I found her really interesting, lovable, fierce and overall amazing. She managed to show how she truly feels and act like a proper queen.
  3. NANNETTE DILLON FROM THE ROSEMARY BEACH SERIES BY ABBI GLINES: Nan was such a bitch on the majority of series. She hurt a lot of other characters but I think she was just misunderstood. Her mother didn't care for her much and she was really selfish when it comes to Rush. I liked that she had a book of her own and we managed to see how she thinks. Although her story is not my favorite, it was okay. I was happy that she managed to have a character development.
  4. ROSEMARIE HATHAWAY FROM THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES BY RICHELLE MEAD: I think I read somewhere that there are people who don't like Rose because she's a bitch and a bully which is somewhat true. There were times where she acted superior to other people but then again, she really was a badass. When I reread Vampire Academy, I understood why some people found her annoying. However, I still love her. I love how fierce she is and how much she cared for Lissa.
  5. HOLLAND VOSKJ FROM SHADES OF MAGIC BY VE SCHWAB: I really hated Holland especially during the second book. He was selfish. He didn't care about what would happen to other people as long as he gets what he wants. However, during the third book, I grew fond of him. He managed to redeem himself. I began to care for him and it broke my heart to read about his backstory. I was happy that he managed to find peace in the end.

And because I really wanted to add him to the list, SEVERUS SNAPE FROM HARRY POTTER BY JK ROWLING: Sure, Snape was selfish, he bullied the trio a lot and he's a deatheater but I really liked him. Maybe Alan Rickman's portrayal helped in that (he was awesome as Snape) but I really like the fact that even though he doesn't like Harry, he saved him a lot because of how much he loved Lily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...