Saturday 15 April 2017

| KDRAMA - Goblin |

"Every life is touched by a deity at least once. Just when you’re drifting away from the world, if someone nudges you back in the right direction, that’d be when the deity chooses to visit you."

SYNOPSIS: Kim Shin, an immortal goblin, aims to find his bride who will able to remove the sword he was killed with in order to finally die and move on in the afterlife.

RATING: 8/10
NUMBER OF EPISODES: 16
STATUS: Completed

NON-SPOILERY REVIEW: 
         I love the fantasy aspect of this kdrama and the way it was shown in the series. The execution of the effects was amazing to see. You can really see that they put a lot of effort and budget for it. Even the fighting scenes in the old era was amazing to see. 

         The story was enjoyable to watch. It's not the typical romantic comedy. It has a dramatic and heartbreaking aspect that would ruin you. The story didn't progress that much at first so there were parts where I got bored and some scenes seemed unnecessary to me. However, the fun interactions between the characters and the romance between the Goblin and his bride was cute and adorable to see. There were times that the story seemed all over the place but it redeemed itself with its adorable characters and their fun relationships. It was very entertaining to watch especially the reaper and Kim Shin with their bromance. One more problem I have is that some of the character lacked character development. Especially, Eun-taek.

         Yoo In Na as always was an amazing actress to watch. She really breaks my heart whenever I watch her and she's so prettyy. Kim Go Eun was able to portray her character well but Yoo In Na was more heartbreaking to watch. I am still shocked by how different her appearance is compared to that of her appearance in Cheese in the Trap (that's the first kdrama I watched her in). The bromance between Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook was really adorable and you could see that they really bonded because of this kdrama.

         Overall, it's a really enjoyable kdrama to watch. Each of the lead characters were able to portray their character well and was very entertaining to watch and see progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...