Sunday 3 April 2016

Least Favorite Book in Your Favorite Series | TOP 5 WEDNESDAY #T5W

After watching Raeleen's video on this topic, I decided to join the "Top 5 Wednesday" group in goodreads and even though it's not Wednesday today, i just really wanted to post my answer to the topic last Wednesday.



1) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- I really like Anna and Lola but not Isla. The events in the book didn't stick much to my memory. Plus, I don't like Isla as a character. I found her quite annoying and so insecure of herself. I did not think that her relationship with Josh was healthy. I just kept thinking that I wanted Josh back with Rashmi. The only thing that picked up this book for me was the cameo of the other characters especially Anna and Etienne. That scene was really adorable. Therefore, this book was really a let down after reading Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door.


2) Of Neptune by Anna Banks
- When I first read this series, Of Neptune wasn't out yet. I was really excited when I found out that this series was going to have a third book. This is the only series I read (I think) that really revolved around mermaids and I loved it. After reading this third book, I was really disappointed because I really loved the first two books. The characters, the story, and the romance there was really interesting to read but in this one, it was kind of annoying. I don't even remember much of this book because I really got annoyed. I remember not liking Reed because he was kind of disturbing Galen and Emma's relationship and I ship those two.




3) While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
- I really like all the books in the Sea Breeze series but this is the one I liked least. I don't know why though. I really didn't like Cage and Eva's love story in this book (but I did love it in their second book). I'm kind of disappointed that this was the book that is being (i think, i'm not sure) turned into a movie. I found the other male leads more interesting to read than Cage.



4) Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
- I remember little about what happened in this book. I just remember that Percy's not in it. That's the main reason why this is my least favorite book in the Heroes of Olympus series. Don't get me wrong, Jason's a very interesting and powerful character to read but Percy's more interesting.


5) City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- I really love all of Cassandra Clare's book but of all her books, even the other series, this is the one I liked the least. I really got bored when I read it that it took me a few days to finish it. When I decided to reread the whole Mortal Instruments to prepare for the series, I stopped at this book. I got halfway there but I really got bored. It did not help in improving my reading slump. I honestly don't remember much about what happened in this book because Sebastian wasn't still up and Lilith's the only one pulling the strings. She's creepy as hell.




Creator: Lainey
Goodreads link (of the group)

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...