Monday 14 October 2019

| ANIME - Kuzu No Honkai |

Image result for KUZU NO HONKAIKUZU NO HONKAI


Hopeless love. Painful love. Unrequited love. Are they really that beautiful?

SYNOPSIS: A story about different types of romantic relationships and how people deal with heartbreak and loneliness.

RATING: 7/10
REVIEW: 
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this anime. There were parts that I liked and understood, but there were parts where I cringed hard. Some of the actions of the main characters were so unbelievably twisted, especially Akane's, that it annoyed me so much. I think that the anime showed to many sexual activities. I get that some of it were for the story, but it seemed too much. I liked that it showed the different sides of people - what each of them would do when they experience unrequited love. Loneliness is one of the main themes of this - how coping with loneliness sometimes makes you do stupid decisions. I did not love any of the characters because they all did wrong things (except for Narumi), but I understand where they came from. Their actions are much more realistic, but more on the darker side.

On the other hand, I liked the animation. It was beautifully drawn and pleasing to the eyes. The sceneries looked so realistic.

Overall, I liked the animation and that it showed different sides of people, but I think that it's not for everybody, especially the younger audience. It had many adult contents, and most of them were too much. If you can see past the adult contents though, it can show you a much more realistic view on life on how being alone can negatively affect you.

If one of us is feeling lonely, what's wrong with wanting the other to hold you?

You once offered me a safe space, so why are you abandoning me now?

Why does unrequited love feel so empty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...