Monday 31 December 2018

| 2018 BOOKS I DID NOT FINISH |

This is the list of books I started in 2018 but for some reason did not finish. I may finish this books in the future but at this moment their status is unknown.

  1. And I Darken by Kiersten White
    • I was actually interested at the start. It was kind of cool reading about how tough the main character is in a world that doesn't really empower her gender but the world building was kind of slow so at 100th page I kind of lost my mood to read. I haven't picked it up since. I don't know if I will ever continue again because the prospect of continuing a new series kind of overwhelms me at the moment.
  2. The Magician by Michael Scott
    • This is a second book in the series so at least I was able to finish the first one. I actually just stopped this because other books caught my attention but I still plan on continuing this. Also, it was actually a bit slow and the copies I kept on getting had issues like weird spacing or missing quotation marks so that kind of made me annoyed. I don't know if I will reach the last book but at this point I'm still positive on finishing the second one. I actually continued some of the chapters today. Hopefully I'll finish it in January 2019.
  3. Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
    • I actually tried to read this immediately after reading Hopeless and I reached the 1/3 mark. I stopped because the events from Hopeless felt too fresh on my mind and it felt repetitive for me so I did not appreciate it at all. I don't know if I will still continue reading this at the moment because I don't really love Dean and not really interested on his point of view.
  4. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
    • I was actually intrigued by this book. I wanted to know more but the copy I had kept fucking me up. Chapters kept getting broken and jumping onto next chapters so it annoyed the hell out of me. I stopped and haven't picked it up since. I don't know if there is a better copy now. We'll see if I pick it up again.
  5. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
    • I love John Green but for some reason I haven't been really feeling this book. I am 1/3 in but I haven't really appreciated anything. The lead character bored me and the story isn't really interesting to me. I don't know if I will continue this in the future because I already tried two times. Hopefully, I will but we'll see in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

| BOOKS I READ IN 2020 |

I managed to finish my Goodreads reading challenge this year. Hooray! I re-read 15 books, but still, I managed to read 30 (8 are manga). Als...